Magic band shipment

Overexcited

DIS Veteran
We are now at 23 days! Can't wait!
Along with many others on here, we are always excited and pass the time looking forward to the little things, like getting Mickey Mail!
This is our first trip with magic bands, so we are really excited. I got my email letting me know they shipped last week. They were sent with USPS which seems to be different than others I have read about (Fed Ex or UPS).
I have to say I wish they didn't use USPS, the last several packages I have been waiting for that are USPS have been late, this one is no exception. According to the email delivery would be September 6-8th. Seeing the 6th and 7th were Sunday and Labor day, we expected it to be the 8th. Well no bands, and according to the tracking number they are still sitting in PA not even in NY yet. What a bummer.

Our bands have been stuck in an accepted state in Tennessee for the past 6 days with USPS. If they don't move tomorrow I'm calling the number in the Magic Band shipment email and request another set be sent via another shipping carrier other than USPS. I've had more bad luck than good with USPS shipping within the US and internationally

Our bands have been stuck in an accepted state in Tennessee for the past 6 days with USPS. If they don't move tomorrow I'm calling the number in the Magic Band shipment email and request another set be sent via another shipping carrier other than USPS. I've had more bad luck than good with USPS shipping within the US and internationally
That is where ours came from, Sat for days in Tennessee and then days in PA. Awful. I know I will get them in time (unless they are lost), but we are excited! And sent a expected date which is always wrong.

Ours were supposed to ship on Sept. 8. I checked MDE and it says the bands are being personalized, which is the same thing it said yesterday. This is also our first trip with Magic Bands and it is so hard to wait for them.

Hopefully they'll live up to expectations! This will be our second trip with the bands the first trip we didn't have any problems whatsoever but this time we're trying to bypass resort check in altogether via online check in so I hope the bands work when we get to our first park! I can't wait to get off DME and right on to a park bus instead of waiting in line to check in! I just hope the bands work when we get to the park gates, our park tickets and payment options are all linked up.

It would be great to be able to go directly to a park. We are driving to FL and staying offsite the first night of our trip. Does the Magic Band get you into a parking lot? Or do you need to go to the hotel to get a parking pass? I guess we could park the car at our hotel and hop on a bus to the Magic Kingdom?

I've never had a car down there, always flown in to orlando and taken DME to the hotel

I think they give you something at the resort for parking. Never done it as we fly and use DME as well. I thought I saw that somewhere.

Hopefully they'll live up to expectations! This will be our second trip with the bands the first trip we didn't have any problems whatsoever but this time we're trying to bypass resort check in altogether via online check in so I hope the bands work when we get to our first park! I can't wait to get off DME and right on to a park bus instead of waiting in line to check in! I just hope the bands work when we get to the park gates, our park tickets and payment options are all linked up.

We were just there and park tickets, meal plan and room charging didn't activate until the txt comes in. We had to stop at guest relations to activate everything pre-checkin. In your case, that txt is when checkin is completed. Guest relations is at every park next to (before and after) the turnstyle so not really out of your way.

We were just there and park tickets, meal plan and room charging didn't activate until the txt comes in. We had to stop at guest relations to activate everything pre-checkin. In your case, that txt is when checkin is completed. Guest relations is at every park next to (before and after) the turnstyle so not really out of your way.

Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter