"MAGIC BAND ORDER" SCAM

UKYRob29

Dallas Disney fan!
Have received 2 calls from a Greensboro, NC # regarding a "problem with my magic band order"- I knew something was up so I asked what resort I am staying at...she acted like she was looking up information and said "Polynesian". First, I don't have any reservations as of now...

Received a 2nd call from same number and she asked for A FRIEND OF MINE!

Not sure who this group is, but somehow they have information from Disney.

How would I go about this? 407-W-Disney?

No, phone CMs are pointless. You need to write to Guest Relations and give them the phone number and details of conversation. If they had your name and if your friend has also been to Disney, they have accessed some kind of data, and Disney may have an issue. Then if they want to speak with you the right folks will call you (give your number).

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Have received 2 calls from a Greensboro, NC # regarding a "problem with my magic band order"- I knew something was up so I asked what resort I am staying at...she acted like she was looking up information and said "Polynesian". First, I don't have any reservations as of now...

Received a 2nd call from same number and she asked for A FRIEND OF MINE!

Not sure who this group is, but somehow they have information from Disney.

I am sorry I am bringing back a very old thread, but wanted to share this because this has happened to us a couple of days ago and I want all of you to be aware that this is happening. We have 2 sets of MBs coming for our upcoming trip that will start at the end of this month, the first set has already been shipped and will be arriving at our home in a couple of days, the second set is being personalized as we speak. The voice mail message that we received seemed like it could be convincing but there was something strange about it. They wanted us to call them regarding our MB order that we had placed and even gave a reference number. Thank goodness I google searched the number and found this thread regarding it or I would of called the number. I decided to call Disney tech support instead about it and they said that it is indeed a scam and that they will be looking into this, they wanted the phone number that the "scammers" gave us plus the reference number. The CM assured us that our second set of MBs are fine and are getting ready to be shipped to our home. Again sorry that this is a very old thread, but I wanted to make sure you all are aware that this is still going on.

I am sorry I am bringing back a very old thread, but wanted to share this because this has happened to us a couple of days ago and I want all of you to be aware that this is happening. We have 2 sets of MBs coming for our upcoming trip that will start at the end of this month, the first set has already been shipped and will be arriving at our home in a couple of days, the second set is being personalized as we speak. The voice mail message that we received seemed like it could be convincing but there was something strange about it. They wanted us to call them regarding our MB order that we had placed and even gave a reference number. Thank goodness I google searched the number and found this thread regarding it or I would of called the number. I decided to call Disney tech support instead about it and they said that it is indeed a scam and that they will be looking into this, they wanted the phone number that the "scammers" gave us plus the reference number. The CM assured us that our second set of MBs are fine and are getting ready to be shipped to our home. Again sorry that this is a very old thread, but I wanted to make sure you all are aware that this is still going on.
I don't think you need to apologize about pulling up an old thread. It's clearly a current issue. Wow. That is scary.

^^^ LOL I agree. I still get calls about my expiring warranty on a car I turned in 3 years ago !!!

Scammers often 'spoof' the caller ID info, so most likely the phone number displayed isn't real. However, good to let Disney investigate since the scammers must be getting your info from somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!