Magic band notice - is this new?

Free or not . my Magic bands (I ordered back in early December) are essentially lost in the mail. The CM I talked to said that the USPS has lost "hundreds" of Magic Band orders this past month.

Free or not . my Magic bands (I ordered back in early December) are essentially lost in the mail. The CM I talked to said that the USPS has lost "hundreds" of Magic Band orders this past month.
Don't lose hope yet! I ordered a Christmas gift on November 21st and received it December 30th. (thanks USPS--who showed it "in transit" the entire month)

USPS has lost millions of packages over the past few months. I'm still waiting on christmas gifts for my 2 kids. how disney handled season pass refunds is better than what's going on with the postal service right now.

Don't lose hope yet! I ordered a Christmas gift on November 21st and received it December 30th. (thanks USPS--who showed it "in transit" the entire month)
USPS tracking is weird for the bands.. USPS has been "awaiting item" .. in Florida, than a few days later in GA .. than a few days later in York, PA. So they haven't even received the package yet and it is not "in transit" . .yet they have been awaiting it in 3 different states?

With two weeks to go .. chalking it up to being lost .. will have to request a refund or something when I arrive (already have plenty of Magic Bands .. so was just getting them for the kids as a fun stocking stuffer (that obviously didn't work out).

one of my last conversations with the re: that message was even if it was a mouse walking backwards through the woods vs using a highway my package would be here by now. they responded we just put that message in even if it sitting on a shelf waiting to be sorted cause we have thousands of packages that have been sitting for weeks. and that is direct from the harrisburg office for who i was speaking with. complete joke right now. i can't even get bills in the mail. we are calling places to pay via credit card so they aren't late.

I think my bands are lost too. USPS says they were picked up by a shipping partner over a week ago. No updates since. I figure I’ll give it another week or so but then who do I call about lost magic bands?

I think my bands are lost too. USPS says they were picked up by a shipping partner over a week ago. No updates since. I figure I’ll give it another week or so but then who do I call about lost magic bands?
I would give it some more time. Could be using DHL for the main portion of the shipment which doesn’t update USPS tracking until it gets to your local PO.

Will you still be able to use magic bands if you buy or bring your own? I don't want to have to use my phone. I like being hands free.
Yes! They want people to use the magic bands they're selling. They just don't want to make them complimentary to resort guests any longer. You never have to have a phone, even now at WDW restaurants. I just tell them that I'm not carrying mine and they check me in themselves, and hand me a paper menu. Viola!

USPS shipping is incredibly slow right now. I can vouch for that based on non-Disney return packages I had to route through USPS.

I'm so confused... where exactly do you get the $5 MagicBands? The cheapest I see are $14.99. We have some from our last trip but that was 2015 so I'm not sure they'll work. Can we just get them at the resort?

I'm so confused... where exactly do you get the $5 MagicBands? The cheapest I see are $14.99. We have some from our last trip but that was 2015 so I'm not sure they'll work. Can we just get them at the resort?

If you have an on-site resort booked, look in My Disney Experience and it should have a notice to place your Magic Band Order. They have a specific selection and the plain color ones are 5 dollars. You will pick them up at the front desk when you arrive.

Yes I was shocked and got a notice a few days ago that my ones for my September 2021 trip shipped! (They will be all gray because I didn’t think to choose them!)
Yes. I am booked for May 2022, and I got my pale pink 5 dollar band a couple of weeks ago.

So I ordered my MagicBands for home delivery thinking I would get them before I left. Looking at the tracking, I will not get them in time. What are my options at this point? Can I purchase plain bands at the resort check-in, and then if we want fancier ones, we can buy in one of the stores and sync those up to our account on our MDE?

So I ordered my MagicBands for home delivery thinking I would get them before I left. Looking at the tracking, I will not get them in time. What are my options at this point? Can I purchase plain bands at the resort check-in, and then if we want fancier ones, we can buy in one of the stores and sync those up to our account on our MDE?

You can always purchase a band and link it at any time, so that's no issue - it's really easy to do. I don't think you will be able to "buy" any at the resort at check-in however they may be able to get you some plain grey ones, at least they used to be able to do this. It minumum they will give you a key card so you will have access to things, but it won't work with long-range sensors for ride photos, etc.

If you have an on-site resort booked, look in My Disney Experience and it should have a notice to place your Magic Band Order. They have a specific selection and the plain color ones are 5 dollars. You will pick them up at the front desk when you arrive.

Aha! Found them. Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter