Magic Band - Magical Express Question

Epcotgal8

DIS Veteran
When we are departing our resort and plan to check our bags in at hotel, do we need to keep our Magic Bands handy to get on the ME bus or can we have already packed them in our luggage we're checking in? I know it sounds like a silly question but when I fly I don't like carryon's and searching for room in an overhead bin. I like to travel light and with a small purse that makes it hard to have room left in when I'm toting 4 Magic Bands.

When we are departing our resort and plan to check our bags in at hotel, do we need to keep our Magic Bands handy to get on the ME bus or can we have already packed them in our luggage we're checking in? I know it sounds like a silly question but when I fly I don't like carryon's and searching for room in an overhead bin. I like to travel light and with a small purse that makes it hard to have room left in when I'm toting 4 Magic Bands.
No Magic Band needed for the return trip on DME. You just need the letter Disney leaves for you at your room the day before your departure.

You don't even need the letter. Your name and where you're staying is sufficient. I bet just your name would be sufficient if you forgot or someone had surprised you with a resort upgrade.

But, OP, what are you going to do when your checked bags decide to take a detour or fall into a black hole? I get that the momentary difficulties of putting a bag in a bin can loom large, but do you truly want to have to Lyft over to Target to buy clothing, toothbrushes, sunscreen, etc while waiting for a delayed/lost bag? Always go prepared for at least the first 24 hours, in case checked bags go elsewhere.

If you love the bands, you could even wear them through the airport and on the plane if you wish. Plenty of people do!

You don't even need the letter. Your name and where you're staying is sufficient. I bet just your name would be sufficient if you forgot or someone had surprised you with a resort upgrade.

But, OP, what are you going to do when your checked bags decide to take a detour or fall into a black hole? I get that the momentary difficulties of putting a bag in a bin can loom large, but do you truly want to have to Lyft over to Target to buy clothing, toothbrushes, sunscreen, etc while waiting for a delayed/lost bag? Always go prepared for at least the first 24 hours, in case checked bags go elsewhere.

If you love the bands, you could even wear them through the airport and on the plane if you wish. Plenty of people do!
The OP is leaving WDW, and heading home. If the bags get misdirected, no big deal.
To the OP, you will need only the letter that is left in your room the day prior to departure to get on the bus. No MBs will be needed, so feel free to pack them away!

We just keep wearing our bands. I have never thought of taking them off and putting them in a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter