Magic Band for Canadians?

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
Hi there

Wondering if anyone has bought a Magic Band and shipped to Canada OR had it shipped to their resort? We're staying at the Swan in January and we haven't been to DW since 2016 (when we got MagicBands for free at our onsite hotel). And if so, where did you order from? Do I need one? We've done DL and just put our cards in lanyards around our neck but the Magic band is more convenient.

Hello, I once ordered 3 magic bands on shopdisney.Com and had them ship home. ( montreal) boy that was a mistake! Shipping was expensive and on top of it when they got here I had to pay around 50-60$ in duties. Now we always pick them up at the hotel while checking in.

Hi there

Wondering if anyone has bought a Magic Band and shipped to Canada OR had it shipped to their resort? We're staying at the Swan in January and we haven't been to DW since 2016 (when we got MagicBands for free at our onsite hotel). And if so, where did you order from? Do I need one? We've done DL and just put our cards in lanyards around our neck but the Magic band is more convenient.
Magic bands can't be shipped to Canada but as mentioned above you can buy them in any gift shop - even the stores at the Orlando airport carry them! OR - the bands you got in 2016 will still work for everything other than on-ride pictures. They operate on any of the touch points, we had some with us on our Feb trip that were from 2014 and they still worked!

**ETA, it won't work to open your door at the Swan

Magic bands can't be shipped to Canada but as mentioned above you can buy them in any gift shop - even the stores at the Orlando airport carry them! OR - the bands you got in 2016 will still work for everything other than on-ride pictures. They operate on any of the touch points, we had some with us on our Feb trip that were from 2014 and they still worked!
Wow do you think the battery would still work on them?

Wow do you think the battery would still work on them?
Everything that is touch-based works off of NFC, just like any of your payment options or your phone on a wireless charger. The battery is only for things you don't touch- ie the ride pictures

You need at least one new one for the ride photos. I'm not sure if Swan qualifies anymore for the MDE ordering. If it does, it will make you pick it up at the front desk. The old style ones are very cheap in MDE, and that's enough for this trip. Their batteries last a little over a year in my experience. I missed out on my Guardians photo with an old band. :(

I purchase my Magic Bands at the Resort Hotel. (All Stars. Movies) and the attendant at the desk connected it to my room and park tickets. I suppose you can purchase them anywhere and login to program your magic bands for your park tickets.

We ordered the cheapest ones at 9.99 to pick up at the resort when we arrived in August because we couldn’t decide what we wanted and I thought we’d choose fancier ones when we were there. They were at the resort when we arrived and the desk checked that they were all set up for us. They worked for everything we needed as I wasn’t looking for interactive stuff. Our ride photos all showed up including guardians and Tron but they’re watermarked as I didn’t pay for photos but you can see enough to choose to buy them from the app if you wanted to. We never did pick fancier ones as each time we looked we just thought the ones we had worked great and we could spend more money on something else (like 150 dvc points at Riviera lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter