Magic Band Availability: Will they ever all be available at the same time?

It’s now in Online Check in. You can decline Magicbands when you go through the online check in.
True, but it doesn't always work. I've declined bands twice through online check-in (July and August trips this year), and twice we've had plain gray bands waiting for us at the resort. It's totally broken.

If you have a family of 4 and find 2 magic bands that you like, can you order those 2 and then come back later for the other 2?

If you have a family of 4 and find 2 magic bands that you like, can you order those 2 and then come back later for the other 2?
Nope. I gave up and ordered 1 custom band for my DD and 3 plain ones for the rest of us, and then ordered decals for the 3 plain ones (which were cheaper than the $10+tax that Disney charges for the upgraded bands).

FYI...I had also declined Magic Bands during online check in. However, when we arrived at the GF last week, two gray Magic Bands were there waiting for us, so apparently that feature doesn't work all the time!

Does Disney know that they have a major customer care problem? How did you report the fact that premium MB are practically impossible to order?

Does Disney know that they have a major customer care problem? How did you report the fact that premium MB are practically impossible to order?
Use the guest services email to report anything

I’m sure they do know though. Don’t know that they care so much

I talked to someone on the phone and someone via chat online. They know. They just don't care. I think they figure you'll get so frustrated you'll just buy them at full price. Just the opposite for me - I won't buy them at all lol.

I talked to someone on the phone and someone via chat online. They know. They just don't care. I think they figure you'll get so frustrated you'll just buy them at full price. Just the opposite for me - I won't buy them at all lol.

I think this is it exactly. Many people are reporting getting frustrated & buying the bands they want from the Disney Store. Disney is making out 2 ways. They make a sale to someone who originally didn’t intend to buy & they save the cost of the free band that gets declined. Win - win for Disney. They really have no incentive to fix the problem.

Sometimes it seems to be boardering on a bait & switch situation.

I think this is it exactly. Many people are reporting getting frustrated & buying the bands they want from the Disney Store. Disney is making out 2 ways. They make a sale to someone who originally didn’t intend to buy & they save the cost of the free band that gets declined. Win - win for Disney. They really have no incentive to fix the problem.

Sometimes it seems to be boardering on a bait & switch situation.
With the new bands that are showing up for $20 each (figment f&w and the teal one) and are now available all the time, it does feel like a bait and switch. It's not even $10 anymore.

So it really seems like they completely eliminated the normal upgrades and offer:
« New! You can now choose from complimentary or special pre-order prices on premium MagicBands. »
With those pre-order being very occasion specific (Halloween, Christmas, Wine&Dine or movie releases).
Complimentary bands it will be for us. At 10$ for a fun (i.e. not agonizingly painful to order) upgrade, we would do it but passed that point, we will choose other things to put our vacation funds on.

Glad I'm not the only one having an issue. I really wanted to get the Figment band but it keeps saying out of stock but its also in the display. My daughter loves Vampirina, I didn't want to keep waiting for Figment and lose that one. I ended up just getting basic for us and getting her the SE. UGH sometimes Disney can be really ridiculous.

Nope, they won't be. I ordered for my kids for a trip last month, got solids for my husband and I just to complete the order. It subbed a gray band for one of my kids after I hit order. So that was drama and I ordered her one she wanted from shop disney. We've had AP's since July and haven't had 2 bands both my husband and I like in stock at the same time since. I probably check once a week. I have bands, I'm not ordering a band with my AP unless it's one I actually want, of which there are multiple for both of us.

It does seem they are adding and removing bands each day. Each time i go on to edit my order different bands are showing up and being removed.

Yesterday I went on to order the new Holiday Snacks band, I was able to select it and then today I just went on the site to check and they took it off my order and not even on the site anymore.

So it is hit or miss lately.

It does seem they are adding and removing bands each day. Each time i go on to edit my order different bands are showing up and being removed.

Yesterday I went on to order the new Holiday Snacks band, I was able to select it and then today I just went on the site to check and they took it off my order and not even on the site anymore.

So it is hit or miss lately.
I kept trying to order the Xmas snack band yesterday. It let me personalize it but when I went to purchase the order, I’d get an out of stock message. I’d come back a few hours later and the same thing would happen! After trying a bunch of times throughout the day, I finally just picked another band so I could place the order and be done with it.
I got the Minnie Mouse band, the figment band and the galaxy's edge band. Glad it’s done. Just not sure why that xmas band would keep appearing as an option when it was unavailable.

I kept trying to order the Xmas snack band yesterday. It let me personalize it but when I went to purchase the order, I’d get an out of stock message. I’d come back a few hours later and the same thing would happen! After trying a bunch of times throughout the day, I finally just picked another band so I could place the order and be done with it.
I got the Minnie Mouse band, the figment band and the galaxy's edge band. Glad it’s done. Just not sure why that xmas band would keep appearing as an option when it was unavailable.

I wanted the figment band but dont even see it listed. I did get the Galaxys edge ban though.

I wanted the figment band but dont even see it listed. I did get the Galaxys edge ban though.
I tried for the figment. I would edit it and then when I hit submit it said that the band wasn't available. We leave in Feb. My bands arrived today? I only ordered now because of the Vampirina band, it's more important that the kiddo gets the band she would like. At the same time, I don't need the bands till next year. The system seems crazy. Why not just let people order the bands and produce and ship them in order of need.

So if you are very persistent, a bit lucky and do not mind getting your Nth choice, you may be able to get some upgraded Magic Bands.

Over two reservations (we have a split stay), we got
  • Me: Vanelope (she is a racer who likes candy but I am not fond of pink) and Mickey Americana (I am Canadian),
  • DH: Grey SWGE ($$) and Darth Vader (he likes Star Wars but would have prefer one I am Mickey or Olaf),
  • DD14: Halloween Mickey 2019 (great for January 2020...) and White Castle (which she might swap pucks with Grandma’s plain grey MB)
  • DD12 plain blue (we never succeeded getting her Dory or Stitch) and Minnie Dots
I had to stop at one point because, as somebody mentioned earlier, I have a job and a family. It took me over four weeks of regular (obsessive?) looking to achieve the above. Also, I wrote to Disney and do confirm that they do not care.

Last edited:
We were able to order bands for a trip that was not paid off yet and the bands shipped to us. Now we still have our reservation and it is now paid off but I can see people using this to work the system. Heck I can even buy bands tonight for a trip in 2020 that only have a small deposit on it. I think Disney needs to offer the upgrades to only those who are paid in full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!