Magic Band Availability: Will they ever all be available at the same time?

Quick question, I was looking at bands and at the top I select myself then the band then at the bottom it says "Complete" or something to that line that it feels like clicking will purchase it... How are you selecting bands for the other guests? When I click another guest and then the band it just shows the last selection at the bottom...

We were able to order bands for a trip that was not paid off yet and the bands shipped to us. Now we still have our reservation and it is now paid off but I can see people using this to work the system. Heck I can even buy bands tonight for a trip in 2020 that only have a small deposit on it. I think Disney needs to offer the upgrades to only those who are paid in full.
They just need to make it so you can only order bands if your trip is within x amount of days.

Is there a better time of day or week to get more options?
There must be, but it's a trade secret.
Seriously, though, I was able to get the bands we wanted after a lot of refreshing and frustration. But there were only 2 people involved and 1 of us wanted a band that was in stock the entire time. And, yeah, I was the difficult one. But we did get our bands, the Minnie dots and iasw. And they even got delivered, which was another crazy thing entirely.

Quick question, I was looking at bands and at the top I select myself then the band then at the bottom it says "Complete" or something to that line that it feels like clicking will purchase it... How are you selecting bands for the other guests? When I click another guest and then the band it just shows the last selection at the bottom...
Select yourself, choose the band, personalize the name and click complete. If you are lucky, it won’t say that the band is out of stock and you will be back to choosing another person in the same reservation. You can use the Select button under the name of the person you want to choose the band for, even if you had already selected one for that person. Once everyone in your party has the band icon they want next to their name, you can click the purchase button. (Sorry, I do not have bands to order anymore so I cannot be sure of the words that are displayed.) If you are lucky at that point and one member in your party has an upgraded band then you will be brought to the credit card information page where you can confirm the purchase. Just make sure before you do that nobody got a grey band instead of the one they wanted.

ETA: Also, you can look for a walk-thru online with “Disney MagicBand Upgrade”.

Last edited:

Select yourself, choose the band, personalize the name and click complete. If you are lucky, it won’t say that the band is out of stock and you will be back to choosing another person in the same reservation. You can use the Select button under the name of the person you want to choose the band for, even if you had already selected one for that person. Once everyone in your party has the band icon they want next to their name, you can click the purchase button. (Sorry, I do not have bands to order anymore so I cannot be sure of the words that are displayed.) If you are lucky at that point and one member in your party has an upgraded band then you will be brought to the credit card information page where you can confirm the purchase. Just make sure before you do that nobody got a grey band instead of the one they wanted.

ETA: Also, you can look for a walk-thru online with “Disney MagicBand Upgrade”.

Thanks!!! I was kinda scared to choose the complete button at the bottom without being able to select the others first.

I can see limiting this to people who are so many days out, or if ordering really early, put a restock date for people to pre order them when they come back in. My DBF wants Nightmare before Christmas, I want Tinkerbell, and my daughter wants Star Wars. One day I found nightmare and Tinkerbell and “thought” I had completed the transaction, until a couple days later when I looked and because I hadn’t made a choice for my daughter(before I knew you had to do all at once) it had cancelled my order and I’ve never been able to find that combination again. SWGE has been available almost the entire time since that happened.

Has anyone seen an aqua band or the cinderella castle one that is aqua in color? Just wondering if they would be on there before I start checking all day for nothing! hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter