Magic Band Availability: Will they ever all be available at the same time?

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
The premium magic bands in stock vary from hour to hour but never with the right combination my family wants. Does anybody have a clue when they will all (or most all) be available at the same time?

You may want to ask for everyone's first and second choices. That's what I had to do for our most recent trip. Only 1 of us got their first choice and I had to settle for a solid (which I ended up "blinging" out with some Magic Bandits). Once I was able to add ANYTHING that my party wanted to my cart, I submitted the order in the fear the inventory would disappear again. This whole process was not rolled out very well, IMHO.

I have two reservations on MDE and it only lets me pick Magic Bands for Last reservation. How do I change it to pick for first trip?

Nope. I'm positive they will never ALL be available at the same time. TOO many buying at all times and inventory will never be infinite

Well, the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is suddenly available but the special pre-order price is $29.99 with a regular price of $29.99. Yep..... the "special price" and "regular price" are the same! No thanks.

Well, the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is suddenly available but the special pre-order price is $29.99 with a regular price of $29.99. Yep..... the "special price" and "regular price" are the same! No thanks.
In the SWGE thread they said that Disney is emailing you after you order to say you will be credited the $15 and the final price is $14.99

Is there a better time of day or week to get more options?

Actually, even when there is one or two options we like, I am not even able to get past the customization screen. The band does not even make it to my cart! Anyone has heard anything about fixing this most unsatisfying Disney experience ever? i will have to give up in two months but am not sure it is worth trying.

It's not something that needs fixing so much as more inventory.
They can't keep up with the demand and they sell out, the more popular ones at least, almost as fast as they put them online.
Not sure they can fix that exactly.
But I agree with it being highly frustrating

This has been going on so long now, with the upgrade bands being unavailable, and yet still mysteriously available on the disney store website, that I no longer believe the missing bands are "sold out." I think this is more like free dining, when there are many more rooms available than the rooms that are available for the promotion. Rather, I think they choose a few bands for which they have excess inventory and want to boost sales and put those on the discounted upgrade site, while continuing to sell the remainder in the disney store.

If have a very small party of one or two people, or if you are a bigger group but are flexible on your options and everyone has at least 3 bands they would be happy with, then eventually it should work out. But if you all want specific bands, probability wise it is never going to happen.

This has been going on so long now, with the upgrade bands being unavailable, and yet still mysteriously available on the disney store website, that I no longer believe the missing bands are "sold out." I think this is more like free dining, when there are many more rooms available than the rooms that are available for the promotion. Rather, I think they choose a few bands for which they have excess inventory and want to boost sales and put those on the discounted upgrade site, while continuing to sell the remainder in the disney store.
Well, sure, that's the case. Sort of assumed anyone would know that. They aren't going to put every band of a particular style they have in stock up for upgrades. Just a set allotment based on some inventory algorithm that only they understand. If I was someone not on-site and want to buy one of them, I'd be angry if they put them all on there and they all sold out to upgrades. Some should still be offered for sale on the website.

Yes, there are a lot of ways they could make this flow better. It's wrought with issues that they CAN fix, even if inventory for a specific band is a set number

It's a challenge, for sure. When I tried for ours, I got the I am Figment one in my gf's "cart" then tried to pick a different one for myself. No luck. Tried at least 10-15 times over the next 24 hours or so. Tried getting 5 or 6 different styles, nada. Sometimes it would say out of stock, sometimes it would let me put it in my "cart" but when I went to personalize and check out, no go. Meanwhile, ALL the premium options cycled and changed nearly every time I viewed, except the Figment one, which stayed available and in my gf's cart. Eventually I gave up and got the figment one for myself too, no problem at all. Worked like a charm, and I actually really like it upon seeing it in person so all worked out.

If you're having too much trouble, just get plain colored ones and check out magicyourband.com for a variety of MB skins. They are cheaper than the premium disney ones, tho no clue how well they actually work. Ordered two for some older plain ones we had, so we'll see. They have some cool designs though.

this band thing is ridiculous now. Especially the fact that there is no longer an effective way to decline receiving bands.
I had a discussion at the resort on my last stay with the CL manager talking about just this. She was sitting there deleting a whole bunch of bands a guest had given her that they no longer wanted. She offered to delete any of ours that I'd deactivated. I mentioned how bad it was now that you couldn't decline them.
Then, I found where to do this. During online check-in, of all places. Once you've selected a band you can't decline them but if you haven't gone in to do that, and you plan to do online check-in, you can decline a band. But that only helps if you plan to do online check-in too.

It’s now in Online Check in. You can decline Magicbands when you go through the online check in.
Just posted the same thing
Problem with this is, not everyone wants to do online check-in since that also requires you to put a credit card on the account and with the new authorization process, this can be a problem for some. It's not all that easy to remove the card, you have to ask at the resort and trust they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter