Magic band and fastpass for 12

The VWL Five

Disney Nut
Hey everyone,

We have a group of 12 (3 families) staying in a grand villa on one reservation. Can anyone help with setup and planning for the fastpass process?

I am the reservation holder so do I enter everyone's ticket or does each family do their own then I link them to my account?

Do I then make all fastpass reservations from my account? Does each family see them from their MDE?

Any other tips to make this work?

Thx
Tony

You can put them all into your MDE account. I find it’s easier, BUT, if you guys are planning to split up, each family will need their own MDE.
Otherwise, if each person has own, you can invite to plan & share - then you can make fast passes for everyone.

As someone who is in the throes of planning a WDW vacation for 13, I highly suggest that when it comes time to book your fast passes that you book them in smaller increments at a time. That's the only way I was able to get us FOP. Every time I tried to do it, it kept telling me there were none left available, but when I went two at a time, I was able to get them all.

Do the others have MDE accounts already? If so make sure everyone is under friends and family. You can then schedule FP+. The good thing about the other families making their own MDE accounts is they can control their FP+ if you split up. We did a trip for 13 over Thanksgiving. I scheduled all the initial FP but everyone could see the schedule. Trying to keep a group of 13 together for the entire trip is difficult. Typically we meet up for the first 3 FP then everyone does their own thing. We also meet up for 1 meal a day.

So you are saying each person has their own mde account and enters their own ticket numbers and then I link to those after that's done. Then I can see them all on my account and make the entire set of Fastpass?

So you are saying each person has their own mde account and enters their own ticket numbers and then I link to those after that's done. Then I can see them all on my account and make the entire set of Fastpass?

If they have their own MDE accounts, they enter their ticket info in their accounts. You send a friend request to them or they send one to you. Once it is accepted, when you go to make fastpasses, you will see their names listed and you can make fastpasses for them, or they can make fastpasses for themselves. So if you split up and they have used up their first 3 of the day, they could make more for themselves.

Lov2run- are you saying you split the Fastpass reservations in half for your group?

We're all linked on MDE, so when I went to schedule our fast passes, I would select two at a time, and then select the same time for everyone as I went. MDE recognized that we're linked, so it shows that we're in a party together, even though I booked them two by two.

Try for your whole group first...I just booked for our party of 16 and had no trouble at all, even Flight of Passage, Frozen, Seven dwarves etc

Everyone in my party made an account...I befriended them on MDE and then was able to make all the fast passes as a group.

Last Nov I planned for a party of 11, 3 families. I added all of them to my F&F list and made the initial FP+ choices. Then I gave the adults, our daughters, my sign in and password info so they could modify their choices and make new ones, worked fine. Also wifey and I are AP holders so everybody in the party got to use PhotoPass.

Bill From PA

I second breaking them into smaller groups. Last summer we did a group of 13 - if I couldn't get what I wanted for the 13 I'd break them into groups of 1-3 and reserve times as close as possible. Then I'd start with the time that was the furthest away and modify repeatedly until I could "walk" everyone into the same time slot, where I wanted it. (Occasionally I'd end up with half the group ten minutes later than the other half, but it was close enough to make it work.)

Speaking of photopass, memory maker, does having them linked to my mde give all 13 the ability to see our photos from rides etc taken via the bands? We are also AP holders. That was a really cool feature. Just came back few weeks ago and have tons of cool photos to share.

So if all 13 are linked to me with all 13 be flagged in photos?

Thx.

Do the others have MDE accounts already? If so make sure everyone is under friends and family. You can then schedule FP+. The good thing about the other families making their own MDE accounts is they can control their FP+ if you split up. We did a trip for 13 over Thanksgiving. I scheduled all the initial FP but everyone could see the schedule. Trying to keep a group of 13 together for the entire trip is difficult. Typically we meet up for the first 3 FP then everyone does their own thing. We also meet up for 1 meal a day.
So I need to get my fam to allow me to 'friend' them on MDE,and then click the 'allow this person to make changes on shared plans' option? I'm getting a headache thinking about all this

It’s a process to get everyone linked. Once it’s done though the rest is easy. Make sure everyone can view photos. Then they can all see the pictures from the group. Only the main PhotoPass holder can download the pictures.

What if someone you're traveling with doesn't have an MDE account and doesn't want one? I was going to just do all the planning, and since they're on my room reservation they were easily linked as a friend.

What if someone you're traveling with doesn't have an MDE account and doesn't want one? I was going to just do all the planning, and since they're on my room reservation they were easily linked as a friend.

Just do what I did, give them your user name and password and let them see and download the photos they want from Photo Pass.

Bill From PA

Just do what I did, give them your user name and password and let them see and download the photos they want from Photo Pass.

Bill From PA
If they have their own acct which is just linked to mine, then I can make an initial FP+ as a friend, and they can alter it from their own acct as they please later (for themselves) correct?

If they have their own acct which is just linked to mine, then I can make an initial FP+ as a friend, and they can alter it from their own acct as they please later (for themselves) correct?

The rest of the crew couldn't be bothered to open their own MDE accounts so it was just easier for me to do all the planning and to give them access to my account. I'm sure what you're asking about is do-able but let someone in the know chime in. Once in WDW they did use the app to access my account and change FP+ choices and make new ones.

Bill From PA

I am managing plans for our party of 11, and hope I can get FP+ for everyone together. My FP selection day is next Monday. I intend to start with FOP for our 6th day. Should I be able to get 11 together, or break down to 4,4,3? Other than that and 7DMT, the rest should be pretty available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!