Magic Band "Aging" and Turning Grey

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I know some of you have many, many more bands than we do. What do you do about the band dulling and aging? We have most colors of the 2.0. We store them in a gallon bag and place them in a closet with an AV vent, so not exposed to extreme temps. The grey part is a lighter grey and looks like it has aged. The color part is dingy, faded and has dull color. Some of these are only a year old (to us). For something that is supposed to last 5 years, I am wondering how to help it keeps its integrity.

I know some of you have many, many more bands than we do. What do you do about the band dulling and aging? We have most colors of the 2.0. We store them in a gallon bag and place them in a closet with an AV vent, so not exposed to extreme temps. The grey part is a lighter grey and looks like it has aged. The color part is dingy, faded and has dull color. Some of these are only a year old (to us). For something that is supposed to last 5 years, I am wondering how to help it keeps its integrity.

Many of mine never see pool water or ride water and are also turning an off gray. DH's that do go swimming are almost ashen.

For something that is supposed to last 5 years, I am wondering how to help it keeps its integrity.
MBs are not designed to last 5 years.
The batteries are designed to last between 2-3 years**.
That would be about the longest to expect a MB to be fully active.

(**You can use their "touch-point" operations nearly indefinitely.)

I’ve used rainboot cleaner/shine on ours to remove the “blooming” and dullness. Might not be worth the purchase (around $5) but I manage a shoe store so I have access to this product. Worked great.

After a couple of wearings, they definitely don't look new anymore. I think it's a combination of sweat, dirt, and sunscreen.

I feel like it may just be the quality. The reason I say that is I have a red one that never went to the park, yet it is dulling as well.

Glad they give us new ones each time. :)

My bands from 2014 and 2016 were gross by the end of the trip. They looked dull and dirty, probably from everything I touched, sweat, makeup etc. My band from 2018 still looks to be in perfect condition. All of them are the plain pink band. I do think Disney has improved them in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!