Made shirts for the family, DS wont wear his

Yes. In my opinion.

To me, it seems more childish to get upset that your grown son won't let you pick out his outfit than it is to be the grown son that hates matching shirts. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to call someone a child over. Everyone has different tastes, and there is a large chunk of the population that wouldn't be caught dead doing the matching "Blank family vacation" shirts.

Last edited:
To me, it seems more childish to get upset that your grown son won't let you pick out his outfit than it is to be the grown son that hates matching shirts. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to call someone a child over. Everyone has different tastes, and there is a large chunk of the population that wouldn't be caught dead doing the matching "Blank family vacation" shirts.
To me it's one shirt one day and everyone else will be wearing it so grow up and wear it.

That behavior is of a teen not a mid 20's grown man IMO.

I do think the last name is a bit much. We did grand gathering shirts 10 years ago and while I love the front and the fact that they match I kinda wish our name wasn't on the back.

I wouldn't be concerned with your son.
I'd give his girlfriend his shirt to pack just in case he decides to stop being such a child the day of.
Otherwise everyone else wear them with pride and let him look like the odd ball.

My DH doesn't usually wear matching shirts or even Disney-themed shirts t-shirts. His main reason is that he finds them uncomfortable. Orlando is hot and a cotton t-shirt (which these usually are) is not his choice of clothing. He by far prefers Columbia fishing shirts. I have to say that when we are there in the summer, I see men wearing this the most.
I have to say as a heavier woman, that I often find those matching t-shirts very unflattering as well as sweaty and hot.

My boys (and my DH) would be against making/wearing matching t shirts at any age (one of the few things they all have in common 8-)). I know that and would never expect them to wear one. Everyone is different ....some people like the whole cute matching thing and some people don't.

My DH doesn't usually wear matching shirts or even Disney-themed shirts t-shirts. His main reason is that he finds them uncomfortable. Orlando is hot and a cotton t-shirt (which these usually are) is not his choice of clothing. He by far prefers Columbia fishing shirts. I have to say that when we are there in the summer, I see men wearing this the most.
I have to say as a heavier woman, that I often find those matching t-shirts very unflattering as well as sweaty and hot.

Ok....

I find it ironic that someone with your tag line is quoting someone else’s post just to say okay. Yes, we all get to have different opinions. That’s how it works. This is not automatically childish because you deem it so.
That poster quoted me to give their random opinion so I just said ok. Just like you decided to quote me.

I said it's only my opinion.

I understand we all have our own opinion hence why it annoys me when other quote me acting like my opinion is wrong just because they deem it to be wrong.

I don't tend to quote other's opinions unless they start quoting mine. That is the point of my "tag line".

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to read all the responses, but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about them, and they shouldn't make or break a trip.

For me, they are beyond corny. Just awful. I would never wear one.

For me, they are beyond corny. Just awful. I would never wear one.
And this is exactly WHY I try to get my family in the matching shirts:jumping1: I love that they are beyond corny. I normally wouldn't be caught dead matching DH and the kids. But for us it is part of the Disney bubble. The younger kids get a kick out of it, it annoys DH ... so win win in my book.

Although, when they were acting up walking back from Epcot to Beach Club one night we couldn't pretend they weren't our kids, since we all matched.

And this is exactly WHY I try to get my family in the matching shirts:jumping1: I love that they are beyond corny. I normally wouldn't be caught dead matching DH and the kids. But for us it is part of the Disney bubble. The younger kids get a kick out of it, it annoys DH ... so win win in my book.

Although, when they were acting up walking back from Epcot to Beach Club one night we couldn't pretend they weren't our kids, since we all matched.

LOL yup if your in matching shirts your going to have to claim them as your own!

If I may add another suggestion, and I think someone else on here does similarly:
Maybe take a movie that most of you like, and have related or coordinating shirts.
For example, if it's Toy Story, you could have a Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Rex, Potato Head, etc. Would he go for that? It wouldn't be matching, but it would be cohesive.
We are doing family shirts that are Beauty and the Beast for our MK day. Everyone's shirts will be different, but we will come from the movie.

If I may add another suggestion, and I think someone else on here does similarly:
Maybe take a movie that most of you like, and have related or coordinating shirts.
For example, if it's Toy Story, you could have a Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Rex, Potato Head, etc. Would he go for that? It wouldn't be matching, but it would be cohesive.
We are doing family shirts that are Beauty and the Beast for our MK day. Everyone's shirts will be different, but we will come from the movie.

We did something sort-of similar when the kids were little. My MIL would take her sons and all grandkids to WDW every January. One year, we bought Disney sweatshirts, personalized for each child: "Susan loves to bounce!" (with Tigger), "Steven soars like Buzz Lightyear!" and so forth. The crowning touch was the sweatshirt that had Tinkerbell and said, "Meme makes everything magical!" which was, of course, for my MIL.

Of course, if you were going any other month, t-shirts would be more appropriate. And this was about 20 years ago, so the shirt options were much more limited.

I suggest taking a page from the movie Heartbreak Ridge with Clint Eastwood (in Clint's scruff voice "we all wear the same shirts or none at all"). The OP needs to conspire with the fiancé and settle on a shirt the DS will wear to the parks. Without telling the DS, the rest of the family then buys and wears the same or very similar shirt to the parks when DS wears his favorite shirt. Voila!!! everyone will have matching shirts and DS will get to wear what ever he wants.

So it's ok to wear a matching shirt when it's your frat brother but never with your real brother who's 8. Or you can wear a nfl shirt to a game but not a shirt with a mouse to his house.

There is no way I'd wear a matching shirt, as a grown adult. My DH would try to institutionalize me if I suggested such. Let it go. Some people are into that sort of thing, others, decidedly not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter