Made My ADR choices... Thoughts?

goofy4prez

A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!
2016 was our last trip to WDW and I'll admit since then I have done very little following along here on the DIS and with WDW in general and realize I'm a bit out of the loop and have some serious catching up to do.

To give an outline of the trip. It will be me, my wife, and my 21-year-old daughter staying at the POR and will be arriving for 4 days in WDW starting June 4th and leaving June 8th. We will be using the DxDP and no Park Hoppers this time and will then be doing a 7 night Western Carribean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy.

Here are my ADR's.
June 4th
12:15 Ragland Road
8:00 Jiko

The plan here is to hang out a little bit at Disney Springs, have lunch and then head over to the Studios for a few hours and use a few FP's. Not really wanting to spend a whole lot of time at this park this year. We'll do that next year.

June 5th
8:40 Breakfast at Tusker House (Rivers of Light Package)
5:35 Tiffins

We are going to make a day of this at Animal Kingdom. Our concern is that We will not be able to secure a FP for FOP and will not be able to do rope drop to head over there with this breakfast. We are willing to stand in line if needed a couple of hours, Ugghhh. We have never seen World of Avatar nor River of Lights.

June 6th
7:30 Breakfast at Ohana
7:40 California Grill

This will be our day at the Magic Kingdom and pretty set with the flow of things here. Little has changed over the last several years for us.

June 7th
12:00 Tutto Italia
7:50 Narcoossee's

The plan here is a day at Epcot. I'm pretty good here as well. We know that this will be our last chance to see Illuminations, but we have seen it so many times and we are good with leaving out and heading to our favorite restaurant at Narcoossee's to finish our stay. It's always been our first restaurant but this time it will be our last.

I know it was long and hopefully, I posted this in the right area. What are your thoughts all especially with our plans on June 5th at Animal Kingdom? If this is posted in the wrong area, my apologies to the administrator and please move it if it is. Thanks. :)

Personally, I would drop the TH ROL package like a hot rock if you can't get FOP FP+. Spending hours waiting for FOP is going to take a massive chunk out of your day. Can you make Tiffins into an ROL package instead? If you cannot get FOP FP+, I would seriously consider RD and moving your ADR's around on your AK day. I think the rest look fine given what you'd like to see and do.

Looks good, however I would also skip ROL package and Tiffins and pick something else. If you want to stay in the AK area, I'd go with Yak and Yeti or Sanaa. Also, not sure I'd do a heavy Italian meal for lunch in Epcot. I'd probably do Via Napoli instead.

Personally, I would drop the TH ROL package like a hot rock if you can't get FOP FP+. Spending hours waiting for FOP is going to take a massive chunk out of your day. Can you make Tiffins into an ROL package instead? If you cannot get FOP FP+, I would seriously consider RD and moving your ADR's around on your AK day. I think the rest look fine given what you'd like to see and do.

Looks good, however I would also skip ROL package and Tiffins and pick something else. If you want to stay in the AK area, I'd go with Yak and Yeti or Sanaa. Also, not sure I'd do a heavy Italian meal for lunch in Epcot. I'd probably do Via Napoli instead.

Thank you for the input on my post. You both make a good point with my TH ROL and wanting to do FOP. I went ahead and booked an additional ADR at TH ROL for 12:15 for lunch to help cover my bases. If I manage to get a FP+ for FOP then I'll cancel the lunch ADR and if I can't get a FP+ then I'll cancel the breakfast ADR and head over to FOP with the massive crowd of humanity and do FOP standby. I also moved my Tiffins ADR to 6:15 just in case we do end up at TH for lunch. This will give us more time between meals and still enough time to head over to ROL after dinner. Again, I appreciated the advice. :thumbsup2

We did TH our last trip, just a regular brunch, not ROL. We really weren’t impressed and we planned our time to get to see both the breakfast and lunch options.

Your restaurants are all great choices. We love them all.
But, like others have said, if FOP is a priority, I would rearrange so that AK is the last day (60+3) to have a better chance to get the FP. Also, although we love Jiko, we also love HBD. I would stay at HS, have dinner at HBD then see F!

Your restaurants are all great choices. We love them all.
But, like others have said, if FOP is a priority, I would rearrange so that AK is the last day (60+3) to have a better chance to get the FP. Also, although we love Jiko, we also love HBD. I would stay at HS, have dinner at HBD then see F!

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't even think of making AK my last day to improve my chances. At this point I'll probably keep it the way it is. I have a feeling those with 60+7 will make it hard for me still. We are willing to do rope drop and head over ther and wait in line. I'm guessing max should be about 2 hours at that time. And who knows, perhaps we'll get lucky with a FP. Also I'm hoping that Disney will have the hard ticket after hours this summer like they have for several months. I don't really care for these, but I'll be willing to fork over the money and have at it for 3 hours in AK. As for staying at HS and skipping on Jiko. We have seen F! many times over the years and is something we are willing to pass up this year. Problem is we only have 3 1/2 days to crame things in before our Disney cruise. Again, I really appreciate it.

We did TH our last trip, just a regular brunch, not ROL. We really weren’t impressed and we planned our time to get to see both the breakfast and lunch options.
I hear you, we're really not big buffet fans and rarely do them other than breakfast, but in this case we'll do it for lunch if necessary so we can control how long it takes to eat and get out, otherwise we would do lunch at Yak & Yeti for instead.

We have eaten at Raglan Road - Fish and Chips and Bread Pudding and California Grill and loved both.

Here are my ADR's.
June 4th
12:15 Ragland Road -
Nice way to start your vacation, a forest of scallop yummo
8:00 Jiko If you are going to the studios, you might want to check out something closer around the boardwalk area....

The plan here is to hang out a little bit at Disney Springs, have lunch and then head over to the Studios for a few hours and use a few FP's. Not really wanting to spend a whole lot of time at this park this year. We'll do that next year.

June 5th
8:40 Breakfast at Tusker House (Rivers of Light Package) -
We just did Tusker house for dinner, and the river of lights and it worked out great... It was the first time we had had dinner there, normally we go for breakfast, I did a review of our meal... Overall it was good, and the character were so cute in their safari outfits...
5:35 Tiffins - We have thought about trying here, but the menu really hasn't really spoken to us yet...

Sidebar... Pandora is just beautiful, and I would try for na'vi river or Flights of Passage the minute your window opens... but be prepared to wait... lots to look at... another thought is that Rainforest Cafe located at AK does serve breakfast which is a nice way to start the day... and DH and I love to have lunch here as well its a nice break from the park...

We are going to make a day of this at Animal Kingdom. Our concern is that We will not be able to secure a FP for FOP and will not be able to do rope drop to head over there with this breakfast. We are willing to stand in line if needed a couple of hours, Ugghhh. We have never seen World of Avatar nor River of Lights.

June 6th
7:30 Breakfast at Ohana -
This is the only one that I would choose somewhere else to dine, the menu has changed some, its always chaos in there, and even with ADR's you are going to wait...
7:40 California Grill - You could see if you could get a later time, and watch the fireworks from there is really wonderful.

This will be our day at the Magic Kingdom and pretty set with the flow of things here. Little has changed over the last several years for us.

June 7th
12:00 Tutto Italia -
For us I would have dinner at Tutto, its hearty food, and more on the heavier side ( in June you have to think about the heat and humidity)... and I would stay for the fireworks... they will be gone soon and you have the opportunity to see them I would...

7:50 Narcoossee's - If you switch Tutto for dinner, then you could do something fun for a later breakfast or early lunch...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter