Made it to Shanghai!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Pic below is our approach.

image.jpg

Just arrived in Shaghai! Even though the flight time was about 17 hours, I was able to sleep and feel surprisingly little jetlag, which is unusual for me.

Heading to Shanghai Disneylaned a week from today. One of my roommates here just told me that he's going tomorrow.

Didn't expect to be able to access this site. So much is blocked here -- Facebook, Google, YT. Glad this one isn't!

Peace!

Rob

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it's fog mixed with an unhealthy proportion of smog. Walked about five miles around the place I'm staying today. It's a little chilly and I don't have a lot of warm clothes. But it's supposed to warm up.

I saw a lot of knock-off Disney products today. Inducing these.

View attachment 310189

Hey, you have a good excuse to buy a hoodie at SDL! When souvenir=necessity, win win! And the faces in that photo! Reminds me of the scene when E.T. is hiding in the toy closet...

Hooray for you! I can’t wait to read about your trip! We’ll be there starting April 1! Are you going to stay at a Disney resort, or just day trip?

I hate seeing the smog. :crazy2: My DS11 is not looking forward to our trip, specifically for that reason. I am hoping for better weather - and air quality - for you!

I hope you don’t mind, but I posted a link to this thread on the Other Lands forum, as people are eager to see and learn more about SDL (and Shanghai). There just isn’t a lot of *current* info out there!

Hooray for you! I can’t wait to read about your trip! We’ll be there starting April 1! Are you going to stay at a Disney resort, or just day trip?

I hate seeing the smog. :crazy2: My DS11 is not looking forward to our trip, specifically for that reason. I am hoping for better weather - and air quality - for you!

I'll just go to Disney for the day, not staying at the resort. I'm trying to keep my ecpenses reined in :-).

About the smog: I'm asthmatic and kind of sensitive to these things. So far, though, I haven't had any trouble.

Starting to fade a bit. I plan to go to bed by 9:00 (6:00 a.m. LA time. Yikes). That's in about 90 minutes.

As an aside, I was taken to task about 20 minutes ago by a Chinese guy because he asked if I'd been to China before. I replied "Yes and no," because I've been to Hong Kong. But that's administered differently than the mainland. It's a "Special Administrative Region." It's very different than the mainland. But I think he was a little put out by my answer.

This is so exciting! Thank you for posting so many pics! At home with a toddler, I'm thoroughly enjoying tagging along on your vacay! ;) What an adventure!

It might be just me, but, those knock-off Mickey Mouses are super cute!

Have a great time! Looking forward to the pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!