Macaroon Bars???

grover

DIS Veteran
I just finished off the best Macaroon Bars, they are from M&M meat shops ( a chain store here in Canada-not sure if you have it in the U.S.A.). Has anyone tried them? Does someone have a recipe for Macaroon Bars that they would like to share with me! Grover in Winnipeg :D :smooth: :smooth: :D

Grover - would you describe them a bit. I found a bunch of recipes, but many of them use potatoes.
Does that sound right?

So if you could give me an idea of their consistency I might be able to find a recipe or two for you.

They kind of have a buttertart like middle, a cookie like bottom and are topped with coconut chocolate and something else- sorry I can't remember! They went into my mouth to fast to see!! Thanks for your help!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D :smooth:

I went to M&M website and this is how they are described.

Macaroon Madness Bars - rich chewy coconut bars spread on a soft cookie style crust,
drizzeled with sweet caramel and white and dark chocolate.

Here's a recipe that may work, you'll just have to add the caramel and choclate drizzels.

CHOCOLATE COCONUT BARS

Recipe By : The Joy of Chocolate.
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bar cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Eggs
1 cup Light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1 1/4 cups Shredded coconut
2/3 cup Pecans -- chopped
1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips

-----CRUST-----
1 Stick unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups tightly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup minus 2tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Cocoa powder

1. Preheat oven 325 deg. Butter an 8x12" baking pan.
2. To prepare Crust, cream together butter and brown sugar. When it is light and fluffy, stir in salt, flour, and cocoa. Spread and press dough lightly into prepared pan. Bake 15 mins.
3. While crust is baking, prepare topping. Beat eggs with mixer until frothy. Add brown sugar, vanilla, flour, and baking powder. Blend well. Stir in coconut, pecans, and half the choco chips. 4. When crust has been baked 15 mins remove from oven and spread topping over it. Scatter remaining choco chips over top. Bake another 25 mins.
5. Cool pastry on rack, then cut into thin strips.

A good, rapidly assembled cookie bar topped with nuts, coconut, and chocolate. These keep fresh and moist for many days

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Exported from MasterCook II *

I hope this is pretty close, and you'll be able to tweak it a bit to your liking.

dt, I swear, you can search out anything! This one sounds good too!

:) Thank you!

I was going to make these yesterday, and just didn't get around to them.

We had gotten 9" of snow and I usually bake when it is snowing,
just seems to go hand in hand, but I spent more time just watching
it come down. It was our first snowstorm this season, and it was so pretty..

They do sound good though.

I just wish Grover would look to see if it is what she was looking for.

Oh, by the way Robin glad you are excited about your 600+.

That sounds just like what I was looking for- now if I can only find the time to make them!!
Thanks for the recipe!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D :smooth: :D

I made these earlier today, and just had a tiny piece.

My husband who loves chocolate gave it a thumbs up.

They are very rich and chocolatey, a little too much for me, but if you
are a chocolate lover you'd like them.

I did not do the chocolate or caramel drizzel either.

If you were to do that, I would only use 1/2 cup of chocolate chips,
and not put the other 1/2 cup on top as they don't melt.

Well, I am definitely a chocolate lover so these sound like they will be just the thing for me! Thanks for posting them.

They sound similar to the old 7 layer or Magic bar cookies. Love these things! SOOO easy to make too! I usually omit the butterscotch chips though and add extra choc. chips instead :D
MAGIC BARS 7 LAYER BARS

1/2 cup Butter -- OR margarine
1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 cup Eagle brand condensed milk
6 ounces Semi sweet choc chips
6 ounces Butterscotch chips
1 cup Nuts -- chopped
1 cup Coconut -- flaked (3 1/2oz)

DIRECTIONS -- Preheat oven to 350 deg. (325 for glass dish). In a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven. Sprinkle crumbs over margarine; pour the Eagle Brand evenly over crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients :Choc chips, butterscotch,nuts then coconut. Press down firmly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill thoroughly if desired. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter