m

Congrats on starting a training journal and excited to follow along your journey!

I am debating which half to do - both are local, and have sentimental value in terms of location and scenic courses. Providence is closer to the April 22 10 miler, but the course is flatter. Big Lake gives me more time after the April 22 10 miler, but is known to be very hilly. I think I am leaning towards Providence. But would love input!!

I'd say it depends on how you want to approach the April 22nd 10 miler. If it's an "A" type event, then I'd probably shoot for the May 19th HM. But if you use the April 22nd 10 miler as a training run, then you might get a better performance out of the May 6th HM. In addition to the elevation changes, I'd look at the historical weather on those dates in those areas for the last 5 years. Even a week or two can make a dramatic difference in expected weather conditions. I use weather underground for historical temperature and dew points for different time of day.

Congrats on starting a training journal and excited to follow along your journey!

I'd say it depends on how you want to approach the April 22nd 10 miler. If it's an "A" type event, then I'd probably shoot for the May 19th HM. But if you use the April 22nd 10 miler as a training run, then you might get a better performance out of the May 6th HM. In addition to the elevation changes, I'd look at the historical weather on those dates in those areas for the last 5 years. Even a week or two can make a dramatic difference in expected weather conditions. I use weather underground for historical temperature and dew points for different time of day.

Great points - I think the half would be my “A” race, and the April 22 10 miler would be more fun (we’d be coming that race weekend with a visit to our old neighborhood, etc - so will likely be waking, eating, and drinking in the days leading up to it). And April in VA can be warm!

So glad you started a training journal. You've got some great paces going and equally great goals for the future. Happy to follow along with your training.

I love those views on your running route. Gorgeous!

So glad you started a training journal. You've got some great paces going and equally great goals for the future. Happy to follow along with your training.

I love those views on your running route. Gorgeous!

Thanks!! And glad to have you following!

Wow! Thats a gorgeous route!

There’s something relaxing about water views to me - this has become my favorite loop!

I would totally count yard work as cross training! Glad you listened to yourself on Sunday! That's a hard thing for so many people to do, and it's so important to keeping running enjoyable!

Joining in!!! I vote yes to yard work being cross training, too.

Also can I come teleport to your running route? That looks amazing!

Great training week. Excellent news on your FP+ as well. We got FOP as well, although not on my first choice day, but we still got it, so I'm excited about that. Cool that you found a new running group to try out. I love our Galloway group. It's great motivation to run with a group, I find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!