M&M Runaway Railway

What
Rope drop. Be at the park at least 75 minutes before official opening time, head over straight away. Or get in line a minute before park closing
This! Although I would say even earlier if it's a busy week or weekend. We were the first family through the gate last Wed and one of the first through on Sat. The lines to get in start forming before 8:00 for the 10:00 opening (you can only get there that early if you walk - there's lots of info about this on these boards). They open the gates at 9:00 and there is a mad dash for MMRR (and Slinky). The line for MMRR grows to 60+ minutes by 9:05. The line is mostly in the sun until very late afternoon and the wait times do not drop much throughout the day. If you choose to line up early, choose the left line and stay as far left as possible when they lead the early line to the temp screening tents.

We go through this with every new ride, so I have to ask...

Is it worth it? Like it's just a trackless ride, right? Or is there some cool special effects or something that is earth shattering jaw dropping gotta do it?

I remember when TSM opened, and we all had to line up and the Disney CM's would walk us all over to TSM in a calm orderly fashion (this was implemented not long after we trampled there like a thundering herd, leaving broken bodies of elderly and young in our wake). But TSM had new cool stuff. It was interactive 3d gaming. like COOL.

7DMT was a new thing. The cars swiveled. It was a rollercoaster+.

Frozen was.... well, I mean it was Frozen. Plus, it had some really good animatronics.

Soarin' was a whole new concept for a ride. FOP was as well. Both of those were "never before experienced" types of things.

So again, I have to ask.... does MMRR stand up against those greats? Does it have the new tech wow factor that makes it worth the 1-2 hour wait?

Is it worth it? Like it's just a trackless ride, right? Or is there some cool special effects or something that is earth shattering jaw dropping gotta do it?

I remember when TSM opened, and we all had to line up and the Disney CM's would walk us all over to TSM in a calm orderly fashion (this was implemented not long after we trampled there like a thundering herd, leaving broken bodies of elderly and young in our wake). But TSM had new cool stuff. It was interactive 3d gaming. like COOL.

Frozen was.... well, I mean it was Frozen. Plus, it had some really good animatronics.

Soarin' was a whole new concept for a ride. FOP was as well. Both of those were "never before experienced" types of things.

So again, I have to ask.... does MMRR stand up against those greats? Does it have the new tech wow factor that makes it worth the 1-2 hour wait?

I am not a waiter at all. I was the kind of person constantly refreshing for fastpasses so I never had to wait more than 30 for something or to pay for an express pass or quick queue elsewhere. We got in a 60 minute line three times in August because we loved it so much. My s/o thinks it might be his new favorite ride in the park. It looks very different than other rides.I definitely think it's worth working into your plans at least once, even if it's just jumping in line before closing.

I'm going to be there November 2nd to experience RR as well as Rise for the first time. Is it risky rope dropping RR while trying to secure a boarding pass? Maybe it would be a good idea to focus on getting the boarding pass and riding RR later in the day?

I'm going to be there November 2nd to experience RR as well as Rise for the first time. Is it risky rope dropping RR while trying to secure a boarding pass? Maybe it would be a good idea to focus on getting the boarding pass and riding RR later in the day?
many have reported being able to get a bg on the ride, myself included, visit the RotR thread in the SWGE subforum above for all the details.

I beginning to wonder if it is worth all the hassle. I would love to ride it, but I don’t want to be stressed out trying to. I think we will just ride it right before closing and head for Rock & Roller Coaster in the morning.
We did the "get in line right at park closing" and waited about 75 minutes to ride. That said - it was neat - but no - not worth the trouble to ride the dang thing.

What is currently the best time frame to get on Runaway Railway - early morning or later in the day?

We went yesterday. We left Beach Club around 8:30AM (We walked) and we arrived there about 8:45. We were in line for the Minnie and Mickey about 9:05. We waited about 15 minutes. When we came out the line was much longer (60 plus minutes). It stayed long for pretty much the whole day.

I would recommend getting there early to try and ride it...and walking from an Epcot resort if possible as they are able to enter the park just before 9.

Last edited:
We went this past Thursday. Drove from an offsite hotel, so we were at the mercy of when we could get into the parking lot. When we first arrived, maybe just after 8:30, they were not allowing anyone to line up. When we returned around 8:45, they were allowing people to line up at the tollbooths, and started allowing people through right at 9. All that to say, we were by no means at the front of the pack entering the park. We entered the queue straight upon entering the park, with a posted 75 minute wait. The line moved continuously and we were loading into our car after a 43 minute wait. It wasn't bad at all. And we felt it was worth it enough to wait another hour later in the afternoon for a second ride.

I think it all depends on your expectations. I went on MMRR a few weeks ago for the first time. I really had no idea what to expect, other than DW had been on it before and said it was "cute" and she "thinks I will like it". I was not expecting anything, but I really enjoyed it and I do think it is new and innovative. We waited in line for about 1.5 hours and after the ride I was okay with having waited that long. We had gotten there before park opening, so we were not expecting to wait that long.

Including the rides you mentioned in your post, I would list the first ride "WOW" factor, from highest to lowest, as:

FOP, MMRR, TSM, Soarin', Frozen, and 7DMT.

Whether or not you'll find MMRR to be jaw dropping, I don't know. But I think it more than "just a trackless ride". What they do with that technology on MMRR is really fun and I am excited to see what they do with it in the future. It is hard to explain. I think if my wife had tried to describe exactly what happens on the ride, I would have been underwhelmed by the description. But experiencing it without knowing more allowed it to really surprise me.

It’s good not great

We went yesterday. We left Beach Club around 8:30AM (We walked) and we arrived there about 8:45. We were in line for the Minnie and Mickey about 9:05. We waited about 15 minutes. When we came out the line was much longer (60 plus minutes). It stayed long for pretty much the whole day.

I would recommend getting there early to try and ride it...and walking from an Epcot resort if possible as they are able to enter the park just before 9.

We'll be staying at the Beach Club beginning Nov 20; this is super helpful. Thank you!

I will say the videos online don't do it justice. I had watched them ahead of time and was really "meh" about the ride. The actual ride is so much better. We were lucky enough to walk over from BWV and only had to wait about 5 minutes at open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter