Mövenpick Dream Castle or Holiday Inn?

feralgeorge

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have an opinion about which is the better of these two hotels? We would be looking at getting a family room in late July as we have a 6yo and a 7mth old.. The Explorers hotel appears to be booked out, or at least I can't seem to get a quote.

TIA :)

If the price is about the same i would pick the movenpick but the holiday inn is great we stayed there last summer The family room has a double and bunks there is a curtain to seperate them and each area has a tv. There are tea and coffee making facilities. We booked with Disney so b'fast was included. It was a hot and cold bfast which you dont get in the disney hotels.
That said the b'fast in the movenpick looks great in photos
nikki

feralgeorge said:
Does anyone have an opinion about which is the better of these two hotels? We would be looking at getting a family room in late July as we have a 6yo and a 7mth old.. The Explorers hotel appears to be booked out, or at least I can't seem to get a quote.

TIA :)

Where did you try for the Explorers? I have just looked on Expedia and the Explorers has rooms available middle/end July. There are only a couple of days at the beginning of July where it is fully booked.

Warebears - I tried the Disney site and had a look at what I think is the hotel's official site. I haven't tried other hotel sites as my brain is hurting at the moment from trying to organise the other part of our trip (to Normandy). I shall take a look at Expedia...

raptor1982 said:
Hotel New York and the Disneyland Hotel have hot and cold breakfast too.

We were in HNY in december and you had to pay extra for hot breakfast.

Still i would chose the Movenpick

nikki

I like Holiday Inn but think that Moevenpick has that little bit extra in terms of luxury, it would be my first choice any time. However, if you get a really good rate for HI, I'm sure you will be happy with the cleanliness, location and facilities there. Its a really good hotel, just lacking the luxurious feeling of Moevenpick.

am surprised that Explorers is full, might be worth phoning them?

Depends on what is important for you :sunny:

Breakfast = Mövenpick
kettle in the room = Holiday Inn
Bar = Mövenpick
own TV for child in room = Holiday Inn
fridge in room = Mövenpick

Greets Renate :wizard:

Thanks again! I've booked the Mövenpick as I got a good rate from their website with breakfast included - much cheaper than going through the Disney site!

It looks quite good and I'm sure ds will love all the castle stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter