Lyft Payment Issues

Apple_Lyn83

Earning My Ears
I had issues with Lyft during my last trip. I used a credit card then all of a sudden it would reject the card. Switched to another card and the same thing would happen. I have no use for Lyft at home and haven't attempted to use it.

Does anyone know how I can try to fix this issue before my next trip?

We run into this same kind of issue with Lyft & with Uber. The drivers really have no idea. I found this online, "You can’t call Lyft customer service, but there are ways to get Lyft to call you, and you can send service requests at help.lyft.com"

We run into this same kind of issue with Lyft & with Uber. The drivers really have no idea.
If you had the same problem at a restaurant or grocery store, the employees would have no idea either -- and they WORK for those companies.

Drivers have absolutely nothing to do with the financial transactions between Uber/Lyft and riders.

If you had the same problem at a restaurant or grocery store, the employees would have no idea either -- and they WORK for those companies.

Drivers have absolutely nothing to do with the financial transactions between Uber/Lyft and riders.
I never tried to claim they did. They were "clueless" but honest about it. However, when we were having issues the Uber the driver did tell us to contact Uber via our app so they could reset things and reenter the CC info. Both my coworker and I had issues with our work CC and our CC company said everything was fine on our end. I just seems to happen often with both companies.

I will say that while the Grocery store employee might not have an idea, they have the ability help you get in touch with the manager. Problem with Uber/Lyft is the only customer service is done via email or the app, no phone call to escalate the issue to.

Also, did you notify your CC that you were going to be traveling and using LYFT? More and more banks and credit card companies are blocking LYFT once charged if you don't use it on a regular basis. The same goes for Uber, etc.

I had issues with Lyft during my last trip. I used a credit card then all of a sudden it would reject the card. Switched to another card and the same thing would happen. I have no use for Lyft at home and haven't attempted to use it.

Does anyone know how I can try to fix this issue before my next trip?
AppleLyn, sorry no solutions as I don't use Lyft at all at home, but the friend I am going to Disney with next month does. Can you tell me how long ago this last trip was so I know whether or not to tell her to keep an eye out for this?

I never tried to claim they did. They were "clueless" but honest about it. However, when we were having issues the Uber the driver did tell us to contact Uber via our app so they could reset things and reenter the CC info.
And the reason for that is...ask most drivers which company they use when they travel!

In order to give you correct rider support info, a driver would have to have used the app as a rider. With both companies, the rider and driver apps are totally different -- so if a driver hasn't used an app as a RIDER, they're not going to be able to answer rider questions.

I can tell you lots of stuff about the Uber rider app, but I'm not even sure I could open the Lyft app. (Actually not even sure I have the Lyft rider app on my phone!)
Both my coworker and I had issues with our work CC and our CC company said everything was fine on our end. I just seems to happen often with both companies.
Yeah...for some reason, rideshare tends to be one place credit card fraudsters use stolen cards.

I'm not sure why they consider THAT a good use of a stolen credit card! Personally, I'd go for a lavish dinner or a shopping spree...but then I'm not dumb enough to be a crook.

I will say that while the Grocery store employee might not have an idea, they have the ability help you get in touch with the manager. Problem with Uber/Lyft is the only customer service is done via email or the app, no phone call to escalate the issue to.
No, the problem is that drivers are not part of the organization like the grocery cashier is.

Drivers have no one to go to...except messaging. There is NO manager.

We actually have no email -- just messaging, and then you can email a response to the babble from Rohit that not only doesn't address your problem -- but indicates they didn't even READ your question.

For what it's worth, I've had this issue internationally, when Uber wouldn't accept a valid credit card. It turned out the problem was that I had forgotten to tell Visa I'd be out of the country, so the card had been temporarily disabled as a security measure. Is it possible that's what happened here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!