Lunch at Le Cellier

dachsie

DIS Veteran
I was able to get a lunch ADR at Le Cellier and I am trying to decide if I should go for the filet or just do soup and salad as its a lighter meal. Will I regret not getting the filet? I have never been there and I know its their most popular entree. Not sure I will ever try to go there again. I did get the filet at the Canada kiosk during F&W but not sure how that compares

Hard question... are you going alone? If you’re with someone I would probably share a filet and/or make this your bigger meal of the day with something smaller for dinner. The kiosk filet is great but the true dish is amazing!

Just to add when we’ve been with a group some people usually share anyway and order a few other things to try :) it’s a little extra fun that way plus saves a bit of $$

I was able to get a lunch ADR at Le Cellier and I am trying to decide if I should go for the filet or just do soup and salad as its a lighter meal. Will I regret not getting the filet? I have never been there and I know its their most popular entree. Not sure I will ever try to go there again.
Yes. You will regret not getting the filet.

I have no opinion on the fillet - I am going because they have a gluten-free poutine - but what law says lunch has to be lighter? It can be the biggest meal if you want it to, then you go light for the evening meal (or just snack).

The beer, bacon, and cheese soup doesn't sound particularly light to me (don't forget the yummy sounding pretzel bread!) so as pp have said so I'd just substitute the soup and salad for dinner if it doesn't interfere with your later plans.

Haven't eaten here yet but that's how the dish reads to me.

Have a light breakfast, plan on a light dinner, and get the filet. It’s so good DH is still talking about it 3 months later. If you’re going with someone else, have the soup, and split a salad (or skip it unless you really want salad) and then split the filet if you’re trying to keep lunch small.

My husband and I have split the poutine and filet for lunch. We had a dinner reservation at 7 and wanted to make sure we had room. Worked out great.

I was able to get a lunch ADR at Le Cellier and I am trying to decide if I should go for the filet or just do soup and salad as its a lighter meal. Will I regret not getting the filet? I have never been there and I know its their most popular entree. Not sure I will ever try to go there again. I did get the filet at the Canada kiosk during F&W but not sure how that compares

You will miss that risotto!

What is the main reason you got this expensive Le Cellier ADR. If it was for the famous soup, have that and enjoy. If it was for the famous filet, it would be a shame to go and not try it. If it was for the ambiance and the general feeling of saying, "I ate there", choose whatever appeals and enjoy.

We love it for the filet so that is what I always get and haven't regretted my choice on any of my 4-5 visits over the past 10 years.

One caveat - do you regularly eat great steaks? (It is not the highest grade beef so is pricey for what it is) Are you a sauce person? (I am obsessed with that delicious truffle sauce and that is what takes the filet to the next level for me)

If you are not a sauce person and regularly eat high quality steaks, LC's filet may disappoint.

I’ve gone to Le Collier a few times thinking I’ll get something besides the filet. I don’t want to spend a lot I tell myself. I want a lighter meal. That goes out the window as soon as a server walks past me carrying one! I remember how amazing it is and can’t resist!

So splitting a soup and a filet with someone for lunch is acceptable? That might work if so...

I will admit, I have been a big time basher here on the boards of Le Cellier since it went from a 1TS to a 2TS back in 2011. I was not overly impressed the first time I was there in 2009 with the food or the service. I went there again after it went signature and while it was better service wise, I was not impressed with the filet or the risotto, but will admit the pretzel bread and cheese soup was awesome.

I say all of that because over the last couple of years I have been reading the many very positive reviews of LC and perhaps it's time for me to do something I said I would never do again... Give Le Cellier another visit. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

I will admit, I have been a big time basher here on the boards of Le Cellier since it went from a 1TS to a 2TS back in 2011. I was not overly impressed the first time I was there in 2009 with the food or the service. I went there again after it went signature and while it was better service wise, I was not impressed with the filet or the risotto, but will admit the pretzel bread and cheese soup was awesome.

I say all of that because over the last couple of years I have been reading the many very positive reviews of LC and perhaps it's time for me to do something I said I would never do again... Give Le Cellier another visit. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hmmm...if u weren't too impressed the first time, not sure if u would be impressed now. I started going in 2010(still 1TS) and I like the food about as much now as I did then (a lot). I just find it a lot more expensive as a signature. But as we like it so much, we continue to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter