Lunch at BOG - do you have to order a full meal?

courtney1188

Mouseketeer
Beauty and the Beast is my son's favorite movie, so on our last trip we got dinner reservations for Be Our Guest. He absolutely loved it and has asked if we can go back on our next trip, but I'm hesitating since the price has increased, he barely touched his food when we were there, and I'm also not a fan of the new menu.

I'm trying to figure out how the quick service option works - I know that generally at quick service you order whatever you want, but realize that BOG isn't typical quick service since you need a reservation. Will they allow quick service guests at lunch to just order dessert? Or since you're taking up a reservation slot, are you expected to order a full meal?

(And I realize Beast is not there at lunchtime. He's more concerned with just getting to be in the castle.)

Lunch and breakfast you're free to order as much or as little as you want. Just cupcakes will work at any time before the dinner hours start.

Yep at lunch you can order whatever you want.
If you just want cupcakes that's what you order.
When paying OOP my sister likes to get french onion soup, side of fries, a drink, and a cupcake.
I personally like the ham sandwich so I still get a meal even when paying OOP.
On the dining plan I believe you could sub the meal for 3 sides if you wanted but we usually just get a meal anyways.

Just be aware that Beast will not be there.

Quick question...if travelling with a very picky eater and you get there, check in and decide nothing works for you, are you charged the 10pp? would it be best just to grab a water if necessary?

Quick question...if travelling with a very picky eater and you get there, check in and decide nothing works for you, are you charged the 10pp? would it be best just to grab a water if necessary?
Considering you can look at the menu right now I see no reason you would have to go before knowing if you will want to eat there...
You would have to purchase SOMETHING. Water would not count since free....

You order and pay as you enter, so they're not letting you in if you don't at least buy something. The menus are everywhere online...figure out if something will work, and if not, don't go.

Thanks Queen!

Ha ha yes meant purchase something :-)

Sadly with some picky eaters it depends on the way the wind is blowing on that particular day :-(

Not my eater but...I will not judge because we all have to pick our battles...:-)

I would think as long as someone in the party orders something, you're fine!

Also, for a picky eater, they may be able to just order fries? Not sure. Or a soft drink for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts