• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage

Prinsez54

Earning My Ears
Debating checking luggage or trying to make do with the limitations of carry on. Does baggage pick up take long? Taking Southwest in. How far to ME?

It's a long haul IMO to the luggage carrousel but from there it isn't too far to ME. You have to go past there to get to ME anyway, but if you have a WD or can do laundry, I'd bring carry on. I'm amazed at how our son and DIL can both travel with carry on including ears and matching tee shirts. We check bags but have used luggage service from Disney so this year DH will have to lug all our stuff to car rental LOL. We always fly SWA.

It's a long haul IMO to the luggage carrousel but from there it isn't too far to ME. You have to go past there to get to ME anyway, but if you have a WD or can do laundry, I'd bring carry on. I'm amazed at how our son and DIL can both travel with carry on including ears and matching tee shirts. We check bags but have used luggage service from Disney so this year DH will have to lug all our stuff to car rental LOL. We always fly SWA.
Thanks. I'm going to try to pack light. We have 1bdr so I can do laundry if needed.

Southwest Airlines is on side A of the Orlando airport, and Magical Express is on side B. So you'd have to go downstairs to baggage claim to pick up your bags, then go back upstairs to the tram, take the tram with your bags to side B, then go down to ME on the other side of the airport. Since you'll have a washer/dryer right in your room, I agree that it's worthwhile to pack light & occasionally wash clothes during your downtime. It will spare you the hassle of checking in the bags both ways, as well.

R.I.P. Disney's luggage services. So many of us loved you.

I buy black and colored v-neck 3/4 sleeve t shirts from JCP. I have 12+ "in stock" and they are about $5 each right now online. I pull out new ones for each trip, wash, dry and roll up to pack. I do some etsy.com iron on transfers but you can add a necklace, pin or scarf and wash and rewear the shirt and no one will know LOL! I have a couple polka dot and seasonal scarfs which take up no space at all. Don't forget your laundry pods and have fun!

Oh, and I wear a fleece jacket and wrap it around my waist to get through the airport so I don't have to pack it. Makes a nice "blanket" on the plane...

Southwest Airlines is on side A of the Orlando airport, and Magical Express is on side B. So you'd have to go downstairs to baggage claim to pick up your bags, then go back upstairs to the tram, take the tram with your bags to side B, then go down to ME on the other side of the airport. Since you'll have a washer/dryer right in your room, I agree that it's worthwhile to pack light & occasionally wash clothes during your downtime. It will spare you the hassle of checking in the bags both ways, as well.

R.I.P. Disney's luggage services. So many of us loved you.
I totally agree. They keep cutting back to the point where I question the value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter