Luggage transfer not so magical

A good thing to remember is other factors can come into play as well. For example, this past September my friend and her family transferred from the BC to the A of A. They had Disney transfer their luggage and they did not get it at A of A until after 7 PM. The reason was lightning storms and they don’t do luggage delivery during lightning storms at least at resorts that have outside corridors . Just another thing to keep in mind.

Yet another good reason to order an Uber and move your luggage with you.

This is probably a good time to repeat my experience at Pop CenturyCentury :)

I was changing rooms, from one end of the resort to the other (i think 50s to 80s). Not a split stay, just a room problem in an ongoing stay. I left early, around 8, after being told to just leave my luggage inside the door and LA/BS would move it. Eleven hours later, still no luggage. (I left for dinner in the same clothes I wore to the parks.) No motorized transport required, just store and deliver.

They turned over somewhere above a thousand rooms that day.

We’ve used Lyft at WDW - not for luggage transfer, that’s always worked for us, but we’ve only transferred from deluxe to deluxe. We also let DME deal w/ our bags - so convenient to have the suitcases just appear in the room rather than wasting time at the airport baggage carousel plus we don’t slow the DME bus down w/ adding to the suitcases the driver has to unload. But I’m not a fan of schlepping/hoisting a suitcase, so I like letting Disney do it. :)

I sympathize with your frustration. We checked into POP Monday. Our flight arrived around noon and we checked in, dropped our carry ons off with bell services and headed to DAK. We got back to our room around 10:00 and had no luggage. Called down to luggage services and they basically said they were busy and if I wanted my bags I’d have to come get them or wait a few more hours. It was late and my kids needed to get to bed so DH and I made the long trip down to the main building. I spoke with a manager (I think) who walked me over to the luggage desk and had them go find my luggage. He explained that they store their luggage in a temporary tent and the tent lost power so it was pitch black and they couldn’t find people’s bags. They found our checked luggage after about an hour but still no carry on (which of course is where I put my medicine, you know, in case the airline lost my checked bags) I had to call down the next morning to check on my carry on and they left me on hold so long I hung up. We headed out to the park and when we got back around 9:00, my carry on was there. They gave us 2 fast passes for the time we spent on the luggage. We had never stayed at POP or any other value before and we probably never will again.

I sympathize with your frustration. We checked into POP Monday. Our flight arrived around noon and we checked in, dropped our carry ons off with bell services and headed to DAK. We got back to our room around 10:00 and had no luggage. Called down to luggage services and they basically said they were busy and if I wanted my bags I’d have to come get them or wait a few more hours. It was late and my kids needed to get to bed so DH and I made the long trip down to the main building. I spoke with a manager (I think) who walked me over to the luggage desk and had them go find my luggage. He explained that they store their luggage in a temporary tent and the tent lost power so it was pitch black and they couldn’t find people’s bags. They found our checked luggage after about an hour but still no carry on (which of course is where I put my medicine, you know, in case the airline lost my checked bags) I had to call down the next morning to check on my carry on and they left me on hold so long I hung up. We headed out to the park and when we got back around 9:00, my carry on was there. They gave us 2 fast passes for the time we spent on the luggage. We had never stayed at POP or any other value before and we probably never will again.

Not a great experience, but thanks for posting. Maybe we need a guest experience with luggage at value resort stickie thread?

Are they trying to chase people away? I know I know others will come. Might be worth getting dinged by rental car and parking fees to have a place to store your stuff. Only other thing I can think of is to put absolute necessities like prescription meds with you or schlep to the front desk and ask to store them in their safe? Do front desks at values even have a safe where you can store things?

I am wondering how long it will be before said outside company is hired for luggage transfers from the mods and deluxe hotels.
The gentleman from Bell Services tgag brought up our bags said it’s coming. He is very upset that this happens because it reflects poorly on them and people take it out on them.

We have done quite a few split stays, and while we have not run into this issue, after the first couple, we have switched up how we do it. DH takes the luggage and a cab to the new hotel and checks us in, stores luggage. I take kids on the bus to our park. We meet up there. No luggage to lose, and the amount of time allocated to the split stay is minimal!

I had pretty much the same problem with our luggage at Pop when I checked in last Monday. I gave our 4 suit cases to the luggage handlers at about 8:00 am, was told they’d be in our room when we got back from the parks. 14 hours later, the bags weren’t there. Like the others have said, they were in the closet across from the front desk. It took an hour and a half after they were located for them to get the bags to our room after being told they’d be sent over “immediately”. I emailed the situation to the address on the welcome letter that was in the room. I was contacted the next day with an apology and some “‘make good”.

There’s obviously a problem with the luggage handling at Pop. The guys that actually took the luggage and delivered it were nice enough, but somewhere in between, the process falls apart. Hopefully they’ll straighten it out. It’s awful to be exhausted and gross from being in the parks all day and just wanting a shower and to go to bed, to have to deal with this aggravation.

I can see myself giving up on my luggage, ditching the sweaty clothes and taking a shower, washing the sweaty clothes in the tub. Then I would be lying "nekked" in the bed while housekeeping barged into the room for a security check.

Think they would honor my request to come back when my clothes finished drip drying??

WTH is happening to Disney resorts? It's turning into a "Lord of the Flies" experience, all at premium prices.

How much more in profit does the company need to make that they farm out bell services to the lowest bidder? Who is thinking that this B.S. is a good idea?

Don't even get me started on the parks.

~NM

I have done a split stay between the Dolphin and BWV thd last 2 years and will again early next year. I wheel my suitcase along the walkway between the resorts and then check it with bell services at the resort I move to. Have done same between BCV and BWV. I might look silly but I know where my stuff is.
Funny, I will be doing the same thing this weekend. I have a Riverside room and then switching to my home away from home, POFQ. We will be rolling our luggage along the pathway to POFQ and if room isn't ready will just leave the luggage with Bell Services at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter