Luggage question ?

dznycrzy

Earning My Ears
I have reservations for POR starting 6/15, which is a Saturday. Looking at airfare now (I know prices should drop closer to that date, just trying to get an idea), it seems in general prices are cheaper to fly on a Friday. So if I find a better airfare for Friday, 6/14, and stay in a cheaper off-site hotel for the 14th, will ME pick up my luggage on the 14th and transfer it to my room at POR on the 15th? In other words, I give Disney the flight info for flying in on the 14th, but my reservation starts on the 15th. Can I then take an Uber from MCO to the offsite hotel on 14th, (packing overnight things in my carry-on), and then take an Uber (or bus to POR from Disney Springs if I stay closer to there) to POR on the 15th, check in to my room and the luggage will be delivered some time on the 15th? Is that crazy?

If you fly in Friday, but don't have a resort reservation until Saturday, you have to get your own bags at baggage claim and take them wherever you are staying. In the morning, you take them with you to magic express and they'll put them on the bus.

We did this a couple years ago and stayed at the Hyatt in the airport. It worked out great.

Other people get a one night reservation at a Disney value resort. If you do that, you will be able to use the luggage transfer service.

Thanks, that’s super helpful! Also, I moved here from Passporter ( so sorry that’s closed!), can you possibly tell me how to set a signature and profile picture?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter