Luggage Carts

TheresaBoynton

TheresaB
Are luggage carts no longer available for guest use at Disney World Resorts? I checked into Kidani today and was told by two Bell Services employees that luggage carts are no longer available for guests to use to unload their vehicles. I was told only Bell Services could use the carts. Any one else experience this or is it specific to Kidani? I know we've always used the luggage carts and unloaded our own car.

I would be SHOCKED if that was a new company-wide policy!

Seems like there would be a TON of "buzz" if this was happening all over WDW.

I thought that was the rule years ago. After being told no, I never asked again.

Yeah, I remember hearing of guests being told they couldn't use the carts years ago. It was a liability issue, if I recall correctly; if a guest loses control of a cart and it goes sailing into another guest or a guest's car, Disney's insurance wouldn't cover the claim.

At some point, I started hearing that guests were allowed to use the carts, and it's been that way since. Maybe they changed the policy and let guests use them, maybe it was the usual Disney spotty rule enforcement. Looks like the word came down to keep the carts out of the guests' hands again.

I will wait and see if more reports are forthcoming-one report doesn't "convince" me this is being done property-wide.:)

It very well may be,but I am reminded of the recent Thread where a CM told a Guest that video of Character Meets was against policy,that it was pictures only.:)

Carts have never been available for guests to use. If you got one, it was an accident. They have always been under control of Bell Services.

Yeah... I’ve been told be several CMs at deluxe resorts that they are not for guest use.

...aaaand I’ve also hijacked a few to load my car when departing. :)

Carts have never been available for guests to use. If you got one, it was an accident. They have always been under control of Bell Services.
That was our experience when we had a rental car. Asked for one and was told Bell Service had to do it. We just made a couple trips to the car ourselves.

I will wait and see if more reports are forthcoming-one report doesn't "convince" me this is being done property-wide.:)

It very well may be,but I am reminded of the recent Thread where a CM told a Guest that video of Character Meets was against policy,that it was pictures only.:)

A CM told me that a character could not hold up a sign during a photo. I didn't bother fighting with her, even though I had just come from having other characters hold up a sign, and had done it numerous times before. (It said Get Well Soon and my friend's name, it wasn't promoting a business or anything.)

Oops, this is off track. Sorry.

A CM told me that a character could not hold up a sign during a photo. I didn't bother fighting with her, even though I had just come from having other characters hold up a sign, and had done it numerous times before. (It said Get Well Soon and my friend's name, it wasn't promoting a business or anything.)

Oops, this is off track. Sorry.
We had the exact same thing happen at DLR. Right down to the "Get Well Soon" to my daughter's friend who just had surgery. Minnie finally took the sign, read it, then gave the character handler a thumbs up to let her know she should allow it. It really makes me wonder just what people have tried to get them to hold up that would lead to this being a problem.

Last edited:
Unless this is another part if the "Security" checks.

Ha. Yesterday at GF while waiting for our alamo pickup, we saw a loaded cart with all sorts of weirdly shaped hard cases on it. Piqued our interest as the Bell people could not have cared less about it.

I am reminded of the recent Thread where a CM told a Guest that video of Character Meets was against policy,that it was pictures only.:)

Oh my.

Is this now in effect at the Values as well?

It has always ben common practice for Guests to borrow luggage carts at the Values and that was still in effect as of our trip last month.

Thanks!:)

I asked for a cart once at the Beach Club a few years ago. I got the look of "you can have this cart when you pry it from my cold dead fingers" from the bell services guy.

We had the exact same thing happen at DLR. Right down to the "Get Well Soon" to my daughter's friend who just had surgery. Minnie finally took the sign, read it, then gave the character handler a thumbs up to let her know she should allow it. It really makes me wonder just what people have tried to get them to hold up that would lead to this being a problem.

In Paris once a CM refused to take a picture of a guest with a princess who did the "hang loose" hand sign. He was saying it was an indecent gesture. You just never know.

Back on topic: I've always been told the carts are bell services only. I never thought of asking.

Last year at the Poly we were told the same thing. Not that I didn't want to pay the bell services employee but it's hard to justify tipping them when you have several healthy husbands and young adult males standing around waiting to unload the car (and use a cart). Everyone just got their workout for the day. I could see where this would be an bigger issue for families with younger children.

We were staying at AOA last week and when we arrived they let us borrow a luggage cart with no questions asked. When we were checking out they did make us sign it out and sign it back in. They even had a book specifically for that.

We have never been allowed to use a luggage cart at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter