Low-fat/low-cal portable snack ideas needed!

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
Hey guys - I started the HMR diet about a week ago and have lost about 7 lbs. I expect to see that slow down markedly (and would be very worried if it didn't!) but I do find myself in need of some snack ideas.

Lately, what I've really been wanting is crunchy, salty snacks. My DP has been making me fresh veggie chips, and those are great, but sometimes I'm at work and don't have anything on hand and I really need something. Have you guys found any store-bought snacks that fit the low-fat/low-cal diets that I could just walk out and buy?

How about crackers? Count out a pre-determined amount so you aren't tempted to over do it.

Do you have a fridge at work? Dill pickles are salty and crunchy, super low calorie, and a jar will keep you going for a while.

If I'm desperately craving something "bad" I like those small bags of chips you can get at the dollar store. They are around 200 cals though so I try and save them for snack emergencies!

I'm in the early stages of switching to a low fat diet and found these at Target. They're fat free and really help with my salty snacks cravings. If you'd like some protein they go very well with hummus.

Last edited:

I love these things! I usually have 1/2 a serving - 9 chips which is 65 calories. They have different flavors too - you can thank me later ;) :

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for the great ideas everyone! I have long been a dill pickle fan, and yesterday I picked up some rice cakes. Of course I ate like four, but hey... baby steps, and it was better than the Lays I almost bought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter