low fat diet at Disney/surgery

Pixiedust34

<font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti
We are planning to go to WDW at the end of the month, though it looks like I might have to have my gall bladder removed between now and our trip.

I need to maintain a low fat diet. Is this difficult to do at WDW? We already have ressies at Chef Mickey's Breakfast (lots of fruit there!), Rain Forest Cafe, Hollywood & Vine (buffet--so I hope to find something low fat) and at LLT (character meal for the kids I don't want to cancel). I know I might get a taste of fatty food here and there, but I'm trying to cut out as much fat as possible. Not easy to do with all of those tasty treats!

What are the best places to grab a low fat meal? Do you have any favorite low fat entrees you've tried at WDW?

Thanks!

Call WDW Dining. Have them append to each of your reservations that you require a low/no fat diet for medical reasons. When you check in at the restaurant podium tell them the same thing. (This may not work at RFC as it is not Disney operated.) Usually the chef will come out and let you know what you can eat, or even prepare something special for you.

Note that this is very routine for special diets; they are used to it.

Also, on the park maps, they have a little "apple" icon by the restaurants that offer heart healthy foods (which would generally include low fat).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter