Low Carb/High Fat People (or anyone!): Best Meal Salad?

MandLBee

Mouseketeer
I have lost 35 pounds this year and fixed a bunch of my health problems through diet and I don't want to break my stride on vacation. I eat a LOT of salads, but not because they're light eating. I like fatty dressings, steak or salmon, avocado, ham and bacon, stuff like that on my salad.
So, I'm planning to eat at Sa'tuli for sure, and we have a Boma breakfast ressie, but I'm curious where I can find a good meal salad in y'all's experience. Thanks!!

Cobb salad at Hollywood Brown Derby. You can get it at the outside lounge or inside at the TS restaurant, it comes in appetizer size or meal size. It's a bowl full of goodness. Ham, turkey, avocado, bacon bits, blue cheese dressing.
GAH! I'm not going to DHS this trip! Sadly. That sounds perfect.

We are big on salads, too (including DS9!). We really like the salade nicoise at Les Halles de France in EP (sometimes even have it for breakfast!) and also the salmon salad at Kringla in Norway (though, just glanced at the menu and it looks like they don't have it anymore)

I'm keto, but I eat mostly steak, seafood and veggies at Disney! Hard to find a good salad in every park. Someone already mentioned the Cobb at DHS. Just be careful of the dressing. It's French dressing and the traditional recipe has some sugar in it.

Last edited:
I mainly eat salads at WDW because usually it's so hot! I love the options at Contemporary Cafe in the Contemporary. I crave the southwest salad from there! I also found great options at AKL in Mara (amazing soups too!). In the parks, I like Pecos Bills salad bowl (sort of like Chipotle), Sunshine Seasons in Epcot for the kale salad, the BBQ salad or watermelon salad at Flametree BBQ, or the salmon/southwest salad at SiFi fine in at HS. I also like the salads at Boardwalk Bakery and Hurricane Hannah's. There are so many great choices now and more interesting than your standard chicken Caesar or mixed green options.

I just found the HBD Cobb Salad Recipe:
-1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and spun dry
-1 cup chopped chicory leaves, washed and spun dry*
-1 cup tender sprigs of watercress, washed and spun dry
-1 pound poached turkey breast, finely chopped*
-2 medium-sized, ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
-1 avocado, peeled, seeded and finely chopped -½ cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ½ ounces)
-6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled*
-3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
-2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
-1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
-½ cup The Hollywood Brown Derby Old Fashioned French Dressing (not the orange French dressing we are used to, more like a vinaigrette). See Recipe below.
-Chicory and watercress sprigs for garnish!

Salad Dressing Ingredients
-2 tablespoons of water
-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
-1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
-½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
-½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
-½ teaspoon minced garlic (one clove)
-¼ teaspoon of sugar
-1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
-1/8 teaspoon dry English mustard
-1/3 cup vegetable oil
-2 tablespoons olive oil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter