Loving our old-school BWV room!

gatordoc

hopelessly addicted...
Checked in to a 1BR at the BWV yesterday. Boardwalk view, about as far away from the elevators as you can be (no problem for us). But we were thrilled to see that the room still has a old climate control system. Not digital - just a lever to move up and down for temperature, a switch for fan speed, and a switch for heat or cool. And no sensor, so it runs at whatever settings you choose whether you’re asleep in the other room, out at the parks, etc. And as an added bonus, the bathrooms still have the small individual bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
:cool1:

Was just there and hated that old thermostat. 1) didn't know what temp we were setting at and had trouble getting it right. And 2) it somehow did still get hot at night. Sensor somewhere in room, I thought. Or was it just hot flashes? :rolleyes1

Was just there and hated that old thermostat. 1) didn't know what temp we were setting at and had trouble getting it right. And 2) it somehow did still get hot at night. Sensor somewhere in room, I thought. Or was it just hot flashes? :rolleyes1
Sorry it didn’t work for you. We like to have our room about as cold as possible when it’s hot in FL, so we just put the slider pretty close to the bottom and voila! Nice and cool when we got back to the room after a sweaty day in the parks, and stayed cool all night, which was great for sleeping.

We were surprised as well. What I didn't like was its "on or off" I like being able to set a temp and have it keep that by turning off and on. We did wake up a few nights shivering back in August. LOL

We were surprised as well. What I didn't like was its "on or off" I like being able to set a temp and have it keep that by turning off and on. We did wake up a few nights shivering back in August. LOL
Our experience too. Full cold was “hang beef”, full warm was “hang beef”. We had to turn it off.

Yes, ours was also full on ice locker during day. My hands would be freezing. Then in middle of night I'd wake and have to kick off covers because I was hot. But when we'd get up in morning it was ice locker cold again. Very strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter