• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

loved the royal pacific

lsb312

Earning My Ears
I stayed at the RP for the first time Dec 31 through Jan 4 and I really enjoyed it. I have previously stayed at the PB and was worried that the RP would be a disappointment but I'm glad I tried it. It is closer to the parks than PB and the pool was opened later than at PB. I saved $150 by booking with hotelkingdom which I learned about on this board. Thanks. My room was in tower 1 on the fourth floor. It had a nice view of the pool. It was a far walk from the elevator but hey a trip to Universal is supposed to involve a lot of walking. Check in was a breeze, my room was ready at noon and we immediately hit the pool. Lunch at the Bula Grill was very good and the service was quick. My daughters ages 12 and 9 enjoyed the pool. The volleyball is fun and the pool was nicely heated. We also soaked in the hot tub .We had the breakfast brunch which was very good. It was about $48 for the four of us. We also had the breakfast in the lobby area which was less expensive and quick. The walk to the parks was pretty and quick. I never did receive our free Loews club cookies and milk although the front desk told us it was on the way twice. It hardly seemed worth asking for a third time. We had dinner at Islands one night , it was just OK. The room was not as spacious as PB but it was enough space for the four of us. The housekeeping was consistent . We had plenty of towels and soap and lotions. I liked that the towels by the pool were plentiful. All of the staff of the hotel were friendly. My kids really enjoyed the dive in movie at night. We used Tiffany Towncar and were very pleased. The driver was punctual and friendly. They have a coupon for $5.00 off a roundtrip fare to the airport on thier web site. Overall, I would recommend the RP to anyone, especially families. Although I loved my stay at the PB I think the RP is a better value. I thinking of going back for the Easter break!

Thanks for your report. We are booked at RPR in July and have the same feelings as you had since we consider HRH our home when we are down there. Have heard nothing but good things about RPR and will keep an open mind.

312... Were were also there! Jan 1 thru 6. Maybe we might have seen each other there not know it! Does this faces in the pix look familiar? We hang out in the pool a lot. And we took the boat to and from the parks a lot too!

I was the one sitting close to the Luau girls and the guy when they did that Lighting of the Torch Ceremony. And my kids got picked to dance with the girls. And that same night at the Island restaurant, the Luau dancers were there and my kids again went up to dance with them? Were you guys there?

Glad you enjoyed your stay at RPR!

Fantasia, Although I do not recognize you and your adorable kids, we did watch the Luau girls. Congrats on moving to Orlando, that is my 9 year old daughter's dream. When it was time to leave the RP, she refused to get into the limo to the airport. She asks me if we can move to Orlando every day. She will probably ask twice today due to the cold temperture and snow on the ground. We are planning to return soon, maybe Easter. Glad you had a good trip.

312...if you don't mind sharing, how much did breakfast run you in the lobby? also, what kinds of foods did they have there? thanks.

Candace30, I don't mind sharing at all. This board really helped me with trip planning and savings tips. The breakfast at the Orchid Lounge, which is in the lobby area cost my family $23 for two adults, two children. The food is cold items only like bagels, pasteries, croissants,fruit,and yogurt. It is good if you are in a rush and don't want a big breakfast. A coffee was 2.25 and a croisant was 2.50. It is self serve and self seating. The seating looks out on the pretty fountain courtyard. Hope this helps.

sorry to be a pain...did they have milk for sale? right now i plan to bring from park each night and put on ice. did you have trouble finding milk for your kids?

Candace30, We are not big milk drinkers so I am not positive but they sell cereal so my guess is that they do sell milk.

I don't remember seeing milk in the frig at the shops at RPR...but then again we weren't looking for milk. There's 2 shops. One by the lobby and one on the ground floor by the game room.

312...As soon as we stepped out of the DTW airport, my son said "Oh we're going back to Orlando!" And I said "Well, that's it...We are moving there this summer!!" It was only 12 degrees when we got back and below 0 wind factor! And we left Orlando and it was in the high 70s- low 80s!! Crazy...crazy.

Maybe next time we'll meet at RPR! And maybe we can do hula dance together with the Hula girls! :D

I agree I did not see milk at the gift shops ,however, we were talking about Orchids LOunge for breakfast. Maybe somebody else on this board knows if they sell milk there?

We are leaving for the RPR in about 36 hours and I can't wait! I am trying to get our plans finalized with another family and will most likely be back at RPR in May also. Glad you enjoyed it. We love it there!

Just got a decent airfare to Orlando so it is official My family and I are heading back to RP April 7-11. Yes! Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter