Loved our Kidani Christmas visit!

Kidanifan08

DIS Veteran
We just got back yesterday from an 8 day stay in a studio at Kidani. The weather last week could not have been better!:sunny: Shorts every day and occasionally a sweatshirt in the evening. We even got in some swimming on 4 days of the trip! That certain beats the deep freeze of 2010!!

We were in room 7462, which is the last room before the last GV closest to Jambo. Now I understand why people complain about the long walks at Kidani.:scared1: Before this trip, we had always been in the first 3 beads of the resort. Despite the walk, it would not keep me from staying at Kidani again (and again, and again). We used the Zazu elevator to get to the bus stop. Going to the pool was a hike, but we survived. I will definitely make an effort to try to get a room closer to the lobby with future visit.

We did MVMCP on Tues and attended the 5PM CP at Epcot on Thursday.:santa: Both events were great! We went to HS twice for the Osborne lights. The bar at the Studio Catering Co. has a beverage called the Snowball . . . it was yummy!

We regret not getting to GF to see the gingerbread house, but we simply could not fit it in this time. No worries . . . we're hoping to be back at Christmas again in the next few years!:cool1:

We did the Sunset Mingle on Wednesday evening. It was fun. The adult fruit punch was good and it was fun meeting other DVC members. Unfortunately, neither of us won the $100 gift card. I probably would not break my neck to do it again, but it was a relaxing FREE event. We also attended the Merry mixer on Tuesday and got our ornament and rice krispie treats. Fun, but chaotic, as before.

Our room was in very good working order. I only had to tighten one screw on the shower curtain rod. The wifi was excellent this time.:cheer2: Perhaps being next to a GV helped in some way. I really loved the wifi in the parks. I was actually able to connect inside LeCellier! We had two actual T&T services . . . two days in a row! I guess they were a little confused. They came on day 4 and 5. Oh yeah . . . and someone knocked on the door on day 7, too!! It was nice to have fresh towels most of the time. And the good news is that I did not see any extra charges on the bill!:lmao:

It was fun participating in the DVC Christmas Tree exchange. I want to again thank the planners and Harlemgirl720. If were are lucky enough to return again at Christmas, I would definitely plan to participate in this wonderful DISboards activity.:thanks:

The CM's at Kidani were wonderful. We were lucky to have great timing with the park buses. I am starting to understand the rapidly escalating costs of a trip to WDW.:crazy2: I am already thinking about how we can avert some of those expenses next summer.

We are going back in July 2013. We are taking my brother's family for 8 nights, with two nights by ourselves before they arrive. They would like to do AKV and BLT as a split stay. After spending 8 nights at AKV without having to switch rooms (with our OL), I am starting to think that I want to just stay at AKV for the entire 8 night stay. Hmmmm. . . .

Sounds like you had a wonderful, fun trip. Kidani is our favorite resort and I always like hearing about people who enjoy staying there.
We will be there in less than a week...yay!

Yes, December's weather can be very unpredictable! Glad you had such a great December visit. Once we came in December, that was 2003, we've come back every year since for the celebrations!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Going to stay at Kidani for the Princess Half Marathon in February! Can't wait to stay at our home resort again!!

We too stayed at Kidani last week (1st-6th) in a 1 bedroom and it was amazing. Loved being able to watch the animals everyday. The staff was excellent. Not sure if we will be able to stay anywhere else now! :goodvibes

We will be there in less than a week...yay!

Have a great time! I hope you have great weather!!

Once we came in December, that was 2003, we've come back every year since for the celebrations!

If I didn't have a 6yo in 1st grade, I think I would go at Christmas every year for the rest of my life. Ah, but alas, he needs to get an education. Maybe we'll pull him for a week one more time before junior high. We felt guilty pulling him this time, but we wanted to take him while he still believes!

Going to stay at Kidani for the Princess Half Marathon in February! Can't wait to stay at our home resort again!!

It will be here before you know it. We love the low crowds in Feb! Unfortunately we won't get to go in Feb again for awhile, as noted above. Have fun!

We too stayed at Kidani last week (1st-6th) in a 1 bedroom and it was amazing. Loved being able to watch the animals everyday. The staff was excellent. Not sure if we will be able to stay anywhere else now! :goodvibes

Hopefully you were able to get DD4 down to the pool area. My son loves the Kidani pool and slide!

Would love to hear your cost savings ideas. :) trip sounds great. We stay at AKV kidani in Feb

My #1 cost savings plan is to not eat at LeCellier . . . twice!:rotfl2: We have yet to do much dining in the room, but I think next summer we may try to do some lunches and dinners back in the villa. Cutting out half of the meals at the parks should be a big savings! We'll still want to eat at some of our favorites (#1 on the list - Sanaa) and do a character experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter