Lovebugs?

JaimJaim76

Earning My Ears
Im still new to DIS, so please don't get upset with me if Im posting this is the wrong place...I was just reading something about lovebugs at the parks, at first I thought everyone was talking about newlyweds, lol, but I guess they are actual bugs? Could someone please tell me what they are? I have never heard of them! We'll be there the week of October 11th, are they something we need to be aware of?
Thanks ;)

Love bugs are little bugs that fly around FL during seasonal 'infestations'. There are always 2 stuck to each other then they are around (hence the love thing). They don't bite, they don't sting, they dont' do much of anything since they are focused on the 'love'. They do kind of go everywhere though...stick to the cars...stick to anything white...fly all around...but they are kinda 'blonde' in their behavior.

They are pretty much just like lightening bugs (look like them too) only their butts don't light up and they are always stuck together.

Good news is, they aren't there for very long. And they seem to be gone now from the reports. I don't think they ever really are still around into Oct.
They are usually only out for a couple weeks.
They aren't anything to really ever worry about though...unless you have a car. You have to wash the car a lot..they like to stick.

Ditto to what everyone else said...they're only a bother to our cars. They're hard to wash off, but if you don't, their bug-guts will dissolve the paint. . :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter