Lots of Random Questions

Regarding crowds. Crowds in Japan are very orderly. In areas with pedestrian traffic moving in opposite directions, remember that they drive on the left side of the road. Most of the time pedestrian traffic follows the same pattern unless its marked differently with arrows on the ground. Slower traffic keep to the left and let people pass on your right. On escalators stand on the left and let people pass on the right (unless you're in Osaka).

In major intersections where people are walking, if you're going head on into someone else go to your left, most of the time they will do the same.

Be conscious of the people around you and don't just stop in the middle of the walkway to find your way or to talk. Move to the side so you're not blocking the way.

Never walk and eat...

On trains when its crowded, don't keep your back pack on your back. Most people will hold it in front of them so they don't inadvertently bump others when turning or moving around on the train. If you do get a seat, hold your backpack on your lap to allow more space for people standing.

When getting on the train line up on either side of the doors and let people out of the train first. If there are lines showing where to line up, follow them.

Oooh.. at Disney... for characters... there is no line, people swarm the characters and the characters sort of randomly pick who they take pictures with and talk to. Some guests are more pushy than others to get the characters attention...

Most of the above are my observations and understanding from our trips to Japan...

I was eyeing Ninja Wifi. Did it ever suddenly "slow down" for you once you hit a certain amount of data?

To everyone, thank you so very much for the info. I always know I can count on this forum for help!!!
I liked ninja Wifi but did have to restart it a couple of times while I was at Disney. I did the unlimited plan and had lots of video calls with my family for hours at a time. That way they could see Japan too

I'm not going until May, but I've been doing a lot of research and the only things that haven't been mentioned yet that I have found is that there is a single day or multi day metro pass you can buy to save money if you will be traveling to several places a day, do your research and see if the places you are going use the metro or trains. Here is the info for the passes. https://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/travel/index.html
There is also a Welcome Suica card for tourists that allows you to not have to pay the deposit and not have to return it.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/welcomesuica/welcomesuica.htmlFor the Ghibli Museum make sure you purchase your tickets on the 10th prior to the month you want to go, the tickets sell out fast.
The Maps.Me app is awesome to pin all the places you want to go so you can figure out what things to do on the same day while you are in the area. I even have the places I want to eat pinned on there and my hotel locations as well as places I want to shop and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!