• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lots of Questions

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
DH and I are planning a trip to WDW for my parent's 30th anniversary in July 2005. We've never been to Universal before and we thought we'd treat ourselves to a few days there after all the fam has gone home. We are considerind a deluxe room at PBH - that's the one with the really nice bathroom, right? Here are all my questions.

1. I've heard something about stay 3 nights get the 4th free. Is this really true? What are the chances it would still be going on in 2005?

2. What is an entertainment book and how do I get one? I am assuming this works like Disney AP rates - there are only so many available for any given date?

3. Is there any advantage doing a package deal including tickets and everything? We were thinking about purchasing tickets after we get there when we decide how tired we are from the week at Disney. We might want to lay around in the hotel more.

4. Last one, promise. We are AAA members. Will this help with rates at all?

Thanks and sorry for the long post. ARGHHHHH! Still a year and a half!!!!!!!!
:crazy:

I can't answer all your questions, but here's what I can:

The Entertainment Book is a book of coupons, which is city-specific. You can get a hefty discount for the Universal on-site resorts, in addition to many off-site hotels. They are limited as to how many Entertainment Rates they will allow, so booking pretty early for a busy time, is a must. I believe the rate will have to be paid right at booking, however. You can get these at: www.entertainment.com

Also, I have heard that the package deals do not save you any money. I could be wrong, but it's what I have heard. Hopefully someone with experience can help you here.

AAA membership can help you in a variety of ways. If you book your resort with the Entertainment Rate, you will not be allowed any other discounts on top of it (naturally). But the AAA membership card grants discounts (I think there's a sticky on the main US/IOA board).

HTH! :wave:

The hotels won't have entertainment rates for 2005 yet. What you do is call and ask if they have any discount rates available for the dates you want. You can book at the entertainment rate without actually having the Entertainment Book yet. You will need the 2005 Entertainment book which should come out August or Sept. of 2004.
AAA also can give you a room discount. If entertainment rate isn't available AAA rate might be. Entertainment rate is usually the lowest. AAA card gives you 10% discount at Universal and City Walk restaurants.
They are offering a five day bonus pass for the price of a two day pass. This pass is good for five consecutive days from it's first day of use. It's a great deal. You can get this on the Universal website.
Packages usually aren't the lowest prices unless there are no room discount rates available when you want to go.

Thanks for all the great advice! What is the difference between a deluxe room and a concierge room? We usually stay concierge at WDW and really enjoy it. Does anybody have any PBH concierge experiences to share? Also are there any PBH pictures out there? Thanks!:D

There is no difference between concierge and deluxe at PBH. Concierge rooms are deluxe with access to the concierge lounge.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm really looking forward to our trip. I'm one of those people who plans and plans and plans. What else should I know about PBH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter