• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LOTS of pictures from Chicago DIS pin meet

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Give this link a click to see about 50 pictures from Sunday's DIS pin meet at Disney Quest in Chicago. It was a great meet, LOTS of people and LOTS of pins. They are all so beautiful. If you can help with identifying anyone, just post it or email/pm me. Hope you enjoy, I sure did.

Wonderful pictures, Dan! It sure looks like everyone had a blast! Wish I could have been there!

Dan, great pictures and great to meet.

We had a blast. It is so wonderful to finally put faces to names. Made some great trades thanks to Cyn, Flitter, Perdita, Anne, Dawn, etc. A special thanks to the gentleman whose name I did not get. He made a trade with me so my daughter could have the MSEP Farewell Spinner pin. I truly appreciate it. So many were so great when trading with my kids.

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone but was pulled away by two young girls who just HAD to do all the rides at Disney Quest.

We stayed for quite some time and caught up with Anne and others still trading at the gift shop just before 7 p.m.

A northern Indiana/IL/Michigan(another one else?) meet is in the works for late August. Hope to have more details later.

Suzi, we really missed you!!!!

Hello fellow traders,

Since this is my first post I thought it would be most appropriate to make it here. Thanks for taking such wonderul pictures Dan. Yesterday was certainly a lot of fun, it was great meeting everyone. To all the people I traded with thanks for the great trades. Can't wait until the next meet!!:D

Amy
ScarFan
scarreigns@aol.com

:p WOW-WOW-WOW!!!!!

That is just the beginning of how much mom and I enjoyed the chgo dq meet. We both had no idea what to expect. Met and traded with some wonderful people. It was great to finally put a face and a name together. The people we met and traded or set future trades with are so wonderful I just can't believe it. Especially with having dealt with some of the WOD traders, I felt my trades were at least acceptable and not looked at as rediculous.

I want to say a special thanks and it was wonderful to meet you to---you dan and thanks for the great pics, Iris--thanks for the trades both past and at disneyquest, Anne--seems we've met before at wdw (nice to know we are from the same city) and can't wait for my futures with you. It's like a layaway plan. I know what it's going to cost ( pins) to get what i want (more pins). Cyn thanks for setting up a great event and thanks for the trades, you are to kind. Brisully your trades were great also, Nancy aka perdita and pongo, I am glad to have met you ...thanks for the cruise advice and helping me to save some trades for the pins i will get on my cruise and Scarfan I still am in shock thanks again. Oh goodness, now I know how Julia Roberts felt after winning the oscar. (lol).. If I have forgotten anyone I don't mean to. Mom and I can't thank you enough. And if I learned anything from this meet it was 2 things...one I NEED MORE TRADERS AND 2

It was said best by Cyn.........The whole concept of pin trading is to trade for a pin you really want. Hold on to it for a while to enjoy and then trade it so someone else can enjoy it.

thanks again

dawn g
and audrey (mom)

Dan great pix - dare we hopr to bring you to the trader side of the fence!!

Dawn - It was great meeting both you and your Mom. I can't take credit for the quote. It was said to me by Cathi Kupres (CKupres) and it just made me admire her all the more.

Cyn

To all the people I met at the Chicago Meet it was a pleasure talking and trading with you. Thanks to Anne for Zazu ( I still don't know how I didn't have one in my collection) and to Nancy (Perdita) for the great trades, I can't thank you enough.

Dawn I didn't mean to put you in shock over our trade, I'm just glad that you are happy with the pins, trust me you filled three gaps in my collection and I am greatly appreciative. Say hi to your mom for me.

I had such a great time and I am looking forward to the next time we can all get together. :D

Amy
ScarFan
scarreigns@aol.com

Hi everybody! A special "how-do-you-do" to all the very welcoming, friendly people
I met at the Chicago Disney Quest pin meeet. This was my first pin meet, but it won't be the last,thanks to the wonderfully nice people there. My picture is
in DanMurphy's collection. (I have a black Beauty and the Beast hat on.)
I have only been trading pins for a few months, since my last trip to WDW in February. I got addicted to the sport. (Thanks, JudySue, LOL)

By the way, how's Disney Quest, Flitter? It looked like you enjoyed yourself. Isn't it fun?
I must admit, it is my home away from home. (We go there at least once a month.)

And to DanMurphy, I'm sorry you had to experience the prices at the parking garage, but it REALLY IS the best place to park.

Thanks again to all, and I can't wait to see you all again!

See JudySue, I finally posted! ;)

TTFN!
tiggerbelle

It really was a fabulous meet! It was great seeing so many familiar faces and all the new ones, too!

Thanx, Cyn and Cathi for organizing the meet and thanx also to Dan for all the terrific pictures.

~Nancy~

When is the next Chicago meet? I would love to come up from St. Louis!!! My husband and
I just got started on the pin trading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter