Lots of hotel rooms available last week of October.

Disneytam

disneytam
We will be leaving next week for Disney and doing a split stay. At the time we booked we couldn't find an Epcot resort for our entire stay so we booked 2 nights at the WL. Today I was just looking at hotel availability for our stay and was shocked at all the rooms available, many with an AP discount. From the GF to the BWI and the YC as well as many discounted rooms at the moderate and value resorts. So if anyone wants to do a very last minute trip lots of rooms available.

We are staying the 24-29, and initially had to book AKL because no Epcot resorts were available and of what was available AKL at the passholder rate worked best for us. I checked frequently and was able to snag a studio at the Beach Club Villas with the holiday discount a few weeks ago. When I read your post I checked our dates to see if something had opened up with an AP discount (and just out of curiosity). But it’s the same as I’ve been seeing- with an AP discount it’s only CBR, AOA, ASM, and CSR and rack rate only added Pop, ASSp, FW campsite (which I rarely see), and FW cabins. So nothing new for our dates! But since we were able to get an Epcot resort it doesn’t really matter, thankfully.

Cancellation penalties kick in at 5 days prior for room only reservations. If you are within 5 days, that is why rooms have opened up.

We are staying the 24-29, and initially had to book AKL because no Epcot resorts were available and of what was available AKL at the passholder rate worked best for us. I checked frequently and was able to snag a studio at the Beach Club Villas with the holiday discount a few weeks ago. When I read your post I checked our dates to see if something had opened up with an AP discount (and just out of curiosity). But it’s the same as I’ve been seeing- with an AP discount it’s only CBR, AOA, ASM, and CSR and rack rate only added Pop, ASSp, FW campsite (which I rarely see), and FW cabins. So nothing new for our dates! But since we were able to get an Epcot resort it doesn’t really matter, thankfully.
We will be there similar times. We arrive on the 24 for 2 nights at WL and then the 26-31 we will be at the BC. For the 26-31 I saw a rack rate room for the BC but AP discount rooms for both the YC and the BWI. I have to admit I was tempted to switch to the BWI CL room but I know we wouldn't use the lounge much because we will be spending lots of time at the F&W festival. Plus we have a great travel agent rate at the BC. Hope you have a great trip!

Congrats on getting a BC studio! We are there those same dates and have been booked since Jan/Feb with a TA discount for Poly LV CL. I've been checking daily since discounts have been released (AP included) hoping maybe GV CL would pop up, but nothing....not even rack rate! I never checked mods or values, but haven't seen availability at any of the monorail or Epcot resorts for our dates for a long time, discounted or rack rate.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We will be there similar times. We arrive on the 24 for 2 nights at WL and then the 26-31 we will be at the BC. For the 26-31 I saw a rack rate room for the BC but AP discount rooms for both the YC and the BWI. I have to admit I was tempted to switch to the BWI CL room but I know we wouldn't use the lounge much because we will be spending lots of time at the F&W festival. Plus we have a great travel agent rate at the BC. Hope you have a great trip!

We didn’t book until a couple of months ago, so we were already behind! When AP rates first came out the only deluxes were WL and AKL, so we booked AKL. Like you, it was tempting to book AKL CL but I realized we would hardly be at the resort, so it would have been a waste and better to get the great rate in a standard room. When BCV opened up I was so happy to move to the Epcot area and not have to worry about how to get to DHS early enough for EMM, and to easily get our 4 Epcot visits for our cutting board :P. With all of my checking, the only other Epcot area resort I ever saw pop up was BWV studio once, but we stayed out at BCV since we got a discount there. Even with F&W I had thought more things would pop up and come and go, but that wasn’t the case. This sure is a busy time anymore! You have a great trip also!

Congrats on getting a BC studio! We are there those same dates and have been booked since Jan/Feb with a TA discount for Poly LV CL. I've been checking daily since discounts have been released (AP included) hoping maybe GV CL would pop up, but nothing....not even rack rate! I never checked mods or values, but haven't seen availability at any of the monorail or Epcot resorts for our dates for a long time, discounted or rack rate.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We’ve stayed at the BC, but never the BCV so it’s kind of like a new resort to check off. In fact, we’ve never stayed in a DVC resort at all! I agree, very little popped up at all for this time frame. I knew fall is now a very busy time, but I still thought there would be more rooms that would come and go. I only saw the CR pop up at the MK resorts and the BCV room we got and one time a BWV studio showed up for a day in the Epcot area. Nothing else except a couple of crazy expensive rooms. Even at rack rate! It’s crazy! You have a great trip also!

We’ve stayed at the BC, but never the BCV so it’s kind of like a new resort to check off. In fact, we’ve never stayed in a DVC resort at all! I agree, very little popped up at all for this time frame. I knew fall is now a very busy time, but I still thought there would be more rooms that would come and go. I only saw the CR pop up at the MK resorts and the BCV room we got and one time a BWV studio showed up for a day in the Epcot area. Nothing else except a couple of crazy expensive rooms. Even at rack rate! It’s crazy! You have a great trip also!

Thanks! :)

I agree, October has become very popular, but I was also surprised to not find anything for months...discounted or not! Some rooms usually pop up here and there that aren't available at first, but not this time. Looks like it's going to be pretty busy, but that's ok.....we'll still have a great time :goodvibes.

We didn’t book until a couple of months ago, so we were already behind! When AP rates first came out the only deluxes were WL and AKL, so we booked AKL. Like you, it was tempting to book AKL CL but I realized we would hardly be at the resort, so it would have been a waste and better to get the great rate in a standard room. When BCV opened up I was so happy to move to the Epcot area and not have to worry about how to get to DHS early enough for EMM, and to easily get our 4 Epcot visits for our cutting board :P. With all of my checking, the only other Epcot area resort I ever saw pop up was BWV studio once, but we stayed out at BCV since we got a discount there. Even with F&W I had thought more things would pop up and come and go, but that wasn’t the case. This sure is a busy time anymore! You have a great trip also!
I'm just hoping that by the time we all arrive that they will still have cutting boards left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!