Lost Souvenir Bag at Epcot

apelletier

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

My partner and I were at Epcot over the weekend, bought a bunch of gifts at several of the stores in the World Showcase area, and then I made the bonehead move of leaving our souvenir bag in the bathroom on the way out... :(. I filed a lost and found report, and received a response about 36 hours later saying that they have not yet located the bag. I have two questions:

First, for anyone who knows or has lost and item, does this mean that the item will not be found?

Second (this is an oddly specific question), does anyone know the brand of the plush pandas at the House of Good Fortune in China Pavilion, and if they are available anywhere else? I bought a little guy with a red scarf and oversize head for my niece, and it is just really cute, and I really wanted her to have that one.

Thanks for any and all help.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but someone probably picked up your bag(s) and never turned them in to lost and found. We once left "ears" on a ride and went back immediately and they were already gone. The next person who was seated in our car, probably put them on and kept going

I know this doesn't help, but in the future all the parks have a "package pickup" service . The gift shops will send your packages to the front of park and before you leave, you just need to stop and pick them up.

Also, if you are staying on site, and still have at least 24 hours before you leave, you can request your merchandise be delivered to your resort. You would then pick up at the gift shop. Only thing you cannot send via package pickup is good items.

Yeahhhh, I was afraid that may be the case. Good to know for the future, though. Thank you. Really at this point I'd just like to find and purchase that Panda again (preferably before Christmas).

It’s so sad that people don’t turn in things that aren’t theirs. I lost a gold Mickey bracelet in MK back in the 90’s and it was never turned in. Through a lot of diligent legwork I was able to buy a replacement a year or so later, but I remember how devastated I was when it didn’t turn up. I have found smartphones, cameras, and other assorted things and I have always turned them in (the camera was a bathroom stall find, as a matter of fact). I am sorry you lost your items.

Perhaps there is a DISer who will be at Epcot and can help you out. Or Google Walt Disney World personal shopper. It may cost a little more to go the personal shopper route, but the panda might be worth it. Good luck with your quest!

Well, I can tell you we were standing in the FP line for Thunder Mountain and spotted someone's newish looking giant smartphone resting on the wooden handrail. It seemed crazy to me that this was here. We looked around and around for someone to come running. No one did.

We took the phone to the first castmember we ran into in the line. So, some goodness does happen to some people!

Sorry you lost your bag!

Really at this point I'd just like to find and purchase that Panda again (preferably before Christmas).
I think you can call Disney Merchandising and request the item be sent to you. If you can describe the product and where you saw/bought it, and they still have it in stock, they'll send one. We had to do that for something a few years ago and I was really surprised how easy it was.

The bag may still show up at Lost and Found, keep calling. I've heard it can take a couple of weeks.

Sorry you lost your stuff; I hope the rest of your vacation was enjoyable!

Well, I can tell you we were standing in the FP line for Thunder Mountain and spotted someone's newish looking giant smartphone resting on the wooden handrail. It seemed crazy to me that this was here. We looked around and around for someone to come running. No one did.

We took the phone to the first castmember we ran into in the line. So, some goodness does happen to some people!

Sorry you lost your bag!
How does this happen? Mine is surgically attached to me at all times 😂

OK.... here's my favorite "lost item" story.

In Sep 2013 my family was getting ready to go on Pirates. My wife and I took the rented stroller to the stroller parking and broke out my son. As we walked through the lines of other strollers, we found one stroller - with a child still strapped in. It seemed so unreal. My wife ran to the stroller cast member and she asked us to stay with the carriage and she made some calls. We did so. She came back to us and told us to go on our way and she'd take over.

As we got in line at Pirates, suddenly from the deep recesses of the stand by line, a frantic man came running past us and out of the building. We said to each other, Must be the father.

Never saw the person again. So, yes... phones, Epcot bags, and children can be "lost" at WDW.

Just this summer, I left my favorite pink Minnie ears on Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland. I filled out a missing item report. I didn't think they would find them. The first message from DL was like the one you said you received. Then about 2 days later I got message they had been found and what address would I like them sent to. There are some really nice people out there. We found a really nice watch when we were riding the Matterhorn and gave it to the CM.

I hope you special purchases are found soon and returned! Maybe you could call them and ask if there is anyway you can purchase the panda just in case...

The one I found was lying on an empty bench at Epcot. I sat down next to it for about 20 minutes and when no one had come by looking for it, I picked it up and turned it in. With all the reasons to need a phone at Disney it really surprised me no one came back looking for it. I hope they got it back.

OK.... here's my favorite "lost item" story.

In Sep 2013 my family was getting ready to go on Pirates. My wife and I took the rented stroller to the stroller parking and broke out my son. As we walked through the lines of other strollers, we found one stroller - with a child still strapped in. It seemed so unreal. My wife ran to the stroller cast member and she asked us to stay with the carriage and she made some calls. We did so. She came back to us and told us to go on our way and she'd take over.

As we got in line at Pirates, suddenly from the deep recesses of the stand by line, a frantic man came running past us and out of the building. We said to each other, Must be the father.

Never saw the person again. So, yes... phones, Epcot bags, and children can be "lost" at WDW.
That is insane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!