Lost my daughter to suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Today is the day, and I’m just not coping well. I can’t stop thinking my daughter should be here mourning her Nonno . Nothing is right here, nothing will ever be.

I know you are hurting

All the posters here wish you peace

Sending you love and prayers

Some days will be harder than others and hope the times it is hard to cope,will become fewer

Last edited:

You have been through so much more than anyone should ever have to bear in such a short time! My heart breaks for you. I am continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers.
:hug:

my daughter chose to end her life by hanging in our home, my husband and son (21) found her. She was my baby, and only 18. It's only been one month

her ex bf had done the same two weeks earlier , and his sister blamed her, as she had a new bf.

We are really broken and trying to survive . Last year I lost both my mom and stepdad in 5 days, but this is something no parent should face. I wish for nobody to have this pain.
Please keep us in whatever you do, thoughts and/or prayers

Oh my God, I am so sorry... I can't even begin to imagine...

Thinking of you all the time mommasita. Can hardly type to you without tears. Love sent to you all.

I lost a son to an over dose Sept 30 2016, its not exactly the same thing but I always wonder if he did it purposely bc he was a very unhappy person from a very young age. I know as a parent its hard not to question yourself and everything that you did, but remember that you cannot control anyone and even if you could have done something to stop her, there is a big chance she may have tried again, I had a friend whose son tried multiple times before succeeding and his mother prevented several of those time.

I hope your finding some peace, no youll never be the same, I am not, I never will be but youll heal some enough to not think about it every hour on the hour.

Your welcome to message me anytime, I wont have any answers for you but I do know what your going through.

My mother is actually in hospice right now, so Im going to loose my mother soon too..

Sending hugs, pixie dust and prayers

Thank you to everyone. I lost my father March 3. I spoke to him the night before, and he was coming over. Super healthy man, literally dropped dead. He hasn’t slept well since, and I think he worried for me, and thought he may lose me.

So, my Briana would be turning 19 on April 19th. I have booked a trip with my husband to Punta Cana. I won’t forget this day, any day, but I can not be in this house all day alone. I can not face it. I am running away

My son is doing ok, he is working, doesn’t want to talk about it, that worries me more, but we all deal in our own way I’m told. My husband doesn’t want to either, at least not with me. It’s trying times, and our household is broken.

I have great friends, but there is always an elephant in the room, so social settings are off the table for me.

Thank you to everyone. I lost my father March 3. I spoke to him the night before, and he was coming over. Super healthy man, literally dropped dead. He hasn’t slept well since, and I think he worried for me, and thought he may lose me.

So, my Briana would be turning 19 on April 19th. I have booked a trip with my husband to Punta Cana. I won’t forget this day, any day, but I can not be in this house all day alone. I can not face it. I am running away

My son is doing ok, he is working, doesn’t want to talk about it, that worries me more, but we all deal in our own way I’m told. My husband doesn’t want to either, at least not with me. It’s trying times, and our household is broken.

I have great friends, but there is always an elephant in the room, so social settings are off the table for me.

I'm so sorry. I hope somehow you and your family can find peace. Grief has it's own timeline. Hugs.

*many hugs* Our family lost its youngest adult to suicide a few years ago. You are not alone in this pain. *have a Duffy Bear to cry on*

I Cry

I cry
And the sky shows its blue sympathy
Or clouds the stars from her eyes
To cry with me

I shudder
And the world remains firm
A hope against my soul-ripped heart
My strength when I have none

I cannot
The day has no meaning
But the sun still rises
Even as darkness falls around me

I rage
And the world responds with beauty
Unfair to whisper grace
When grace I cannot feel

I scream
And the heavens absorb my cry
And yet still responds with stars
Even though my star is gone

I fall
And cannot think discreetly
The earth spins undetected
And so do I

I cringe
At casual conversation
How can time move on
No, I am not OK

I plead
For hope I cannot feel
Grace I do not know
They are strangers to me

I know
That life is unsecure
And breath is as impermanent
As souls are forever

I live
In uncontented days
Along uncommitted paths
In a world that no longer makes sense

I sigh
And the world doesn't sigh with me
And time moves ahead
And leaves me behind

I yearn
For portals between worlds
For reaffirmation
For a drop of yesterday

I want
The links to grow unended
My path to not be parted
My heart to not be still

I am
A link without the linkage
A bond without the bonding
A soul without its quilting

I go
Forward day by day
Holding invisible hands
That pray with me for continuity

I hope
That hope someday will find me
And show me paths to meet me
With hands that hold mine still

I grow
Not apart but abreadth
Not alone but amidst
Interconnected by faith

I see
That time is so uncertain
That here is not not there
And forever is true regardless

Copyright 2002 Timothy Delasandro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!