Losing discount

PrincessJill48

DIS Veteran
Originally I had a trip planned for April 2020 and it was cancelled due to the pandemic. Rescheduled to November but my employer being in the state of MA, will make all travelers quarantine for 2 weeks after returning. Being in the education field, I'm not able to take off another 2 weeks. So I called Disney to reschedule my trip (Disney Riviera 1 bedbroom Villa Preferred Recovery20) to April 2021 and found out I will lose ALL my discounts. Really upsetting! It's double the price.

Have you run what it would cost to rent the DVC points to book the same at Riviera? I just checked and there's full availability for one bedrooms the whole month except for the night of the sixth. Could be risky though since canceling with points rental can be hard and there's no guarantee that quarantine restrictions will be lifted by then.

My sister also lost her awesome discount by having to reschedule out of 2020. It SUCKS!

Originally I had a trip planned for April 2020 and it was cancelled due to the pandemic. Rescheduled to November but my employer being in the state of MA, will make all travelers quarantine for 2 weeks after returning. Being in the education field, I'm not able to take off another 2 weeks. So I called Disney to reschedule my trip (Disney Riviera 1 bedbroom Villa Preferred Recovery20) to April 2021 and found out I will lose ALL my discounts. Really upsetting! It's double the price.
Ok, so your employer will require you to quarantine for two weeks, but you won't be able to take the two weeks off? Sounds like if they required the quarantine, you should be able to take the time off?

Ok, so your employer will require you to quarantine for two weeks, but you won't be able to take the two weeks off? Sounds like if they required the quarantine, you should be able to take the time off?

If it's recreational travel, the employer isn't required to pay someone for those 2 weeks. If it's required travel through the company or other reason out of the employee's control, then they can opt to make it a paid quarantine period. But if you choose to go on vacation, that's on the employee. I'm in MA too - who knows if the restricted states will change between now and Nov, but I understand the OP not wanting to take the chance. My company is allowing us to work from home so it's less of an issue but for those who have to work in person, you do have to weigh whether it's worth the 2 weeks unpaid vacation when you get back.

If it's recreational travel, the employer isn't required to pay someone for those 2 weeks. If it's required travel through the company or other reason out of the employee's control, then they can opt to make it a paid quarantine period. But if you choose to go on vacation, that's on the employee. I'm in MA too - who knows if the restricted states will change between now and Nov, but I understand the OP not wanting to take the chance. My company is allowing us to work from home so it's less of an issue but for those who have to work in person, you do have to weigh whether it's worth the 2 weeks unpaid vacation when you get back.

Exactly how it works.

I'm just waiting to see if the restrictions change, I doubt it though. I will keep my reservation up until the last minute and then change it to April 2020 hoping for a new discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!