Loop/site requests during online check in?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
I had read that I request a loop/a few sites when I checked in online. The only thing I see are two options in the drop down menu. One is room for slide outs, and the other is foldout awning. There is no spot to "write in" anything. Am I missing something? Do I need to call and request?

I had read that I request a loop/a few sites when I checked in online. The only thing I see are two options in the drop down menu. One is room for slide outs, and the other is foldout awning. There is no spot to "write in" anything. Am I missing something? Do I need to call and request?
call

For those who fax, if checking in on a Sunday, should I wait to fax on the Monday before?
I have heard 5 days prior to arrival is good. The Fort can’t see the reservation until it’s downloaded to them, which usually happens, I think, 5-7 days prior to your arrival.

That being said, I always fax a request for 1100, 1200 or 1300 loops near comfort station when I’m booked in a premium site. The last 4 times they have assigned me to 500 loop. I have asked them each time if they received my fax, they say “yes it’s noted on the reservation but we didn’t look at it when assigning the site”,

I’ve been able to get reassigned to one of the loops I want but I have to wonder why I bother to send the fax.

I have heard 5 days prior to arrival is good. The Fort can’t see the reservation until it’s downloaded to them, which usually happens, I think, 5-7 days prior to your arrival.

That being said, I always fax a request for 1100, 1200 or 1300 loops near comfort station when I’m booked in a premium site. The last 4 times they have assigned me to 500 loop. I have asked them each time if they received my fax, they say “yes it’s noted on the reservation but we didn’t look at it when assigning the site”,

I’ve been able to get reassigned to one of the loops I want but I have to wonder why I bother to send the fax.

We've decided since we're only an hour away and checkin online before, we'll wait for the text for the site number. If it's for sure not what we want, we will call then before hitting the road. Last time we got there too early before the site was ready and no text and had a hard time finding a spot in overflow to hang out.

That's not too encouraging about the fax! Fingers crossed. We also would like to be near a comfort station.

We've decided since we're only an hour away and checkin online before, we'll wait for the text for the site number. If it's for sure not what we want, we will call then before hitting the road. Last time we got there too early before the site was ready and no text and had a hard time finding a spot in overflow to hang out.

That's not too encouraging about the fax! Fingers crossed. We also would like to be near a comfort station.
I never had a problem with over flow? Even if its full they have you park on the grass thats in the front of the fort? Thats for halloween. So, I dont think that was a problem. We did sit in overflow for 3 hours waiting for out site. But we got in at 10 am and got to pick the site in the loop we wanted. Once the texts are out, you are limiting yourself. Because others are getting them also. We parked in overflow, walked around the fort and went to the hourse barn, then ate lunch in overflow and layed down untill the site was ready. But the key to the site we wanted was beating everyone else thier before the numbers were being assigned. But maybe I just got lucky?

Last weekend we waited on the text, it came in at 2:05pm. But we got the site we requested this time, it was worth the wait.

Overflow did not look bad this time, maybe the last time was a fluke.

Here is what we did in mid December both prior to and when we checked in. At the 60 day mark I did our online pre check in indicating we anticipated arriving at @ 9am. At 10 days out I FAXED our arrival date, Reservation Number, our expected arrival time of 9am and the 3 sites we would prefer to be assigned . I resent this fax about every other day till check in.
On our arrival 910am, we began the check in process. The young lady working with us admitted they had my request for specific sites but they were not available, and the one we were assigned was not ready yet, When I asked what site were assigned I was advised she could not reveal that information. Nor could she tell me if the sites I requested were occupied or free and if empty or about to be had the next occupant been notified of their assignment. Hint 1 site was occupied and would be for the next 2 days the other 2 were empty and would be for several hours after we arrived.
The over flow lot was a horror show. Nearly 3/4s of the spaces in the lot were occupied with cargo trailers that only take up 1/3 of the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter