Loop Request

2rad4u

Mouseketeer
So we're within 10 days of our first day at FW!!! I just called and put in my loop request. The rep was great and added my request to our reservation.

I had read a lot of threads about faxing in a request, but that seemed so 1990's, so I just called. No problems and I feel pretty confident I'll get the loop.

Holy cow it's getting close!!!

They may or may not be able to honor it. We go three times a year. I do not do pre-check-in because we just see what's available when we get there and we always get a loop we like. On the flip side, we made one request prior to check-in this past December, and gave two loop choices. Upon arriving, we had been assigned to a completly different loop. But, at our request, the CM was able to get us a site in a requested loop (go figure).

Last edited:
I put the request in either when I call in to make a reservation (necessary at times) or call in to add a comment/request to an existing reservation if made on-line.

Been doing it for probably 10 years or longer.

At first I did the fax thing but the last 6-8 years it's been the comment on the reservation. And although it hasn't always produced results (I got there too late, etc.) the Cast Member checking me in has ALWAYS said/indicated "oh I see you wanted loop 100" or that I had a request in.

It is just that after all: a request and not a promise.

The earlier in the morning you arrive, the better your chances. If you get a text with your site before you arrive because you did early on-line check-in and it's NOT the loop you asked for, go through a check-in lane or park in overflow and walk into the lobby (my preference) and ask if you can be swapped. If there is nothing left in your requested loop, at least you know you did everything you could. And use sugar, not vinegar, during the conversation.

A little bit of good manners goes a long way, ya'll.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I cant recall the last trip where we were assigned a site that I could actually back into. For some reason our usual routine is to drive to the site we are assigned, groan that theres no way it will work, then go to the front and find an actual site that will accommodate us.
We arrived in late January and were assigned to a site in the 1900 loop (not our requested loop) only to find that it was the one with barriers on both side of the road and no room to back a 30ft trailer into.
While discussing options with the front desk I noted that the book had no notations regarding the obstructions on the site, it only showed the site dimension. It made me wonder how many other people had been assigned that site over the years only to find it impossible to get into.
(before anyone suggest that I should have asked for help backing in, This is our 4th trailer and the shortest one we have owned in over 10 yrs, I have towed our trailers many 10's of thousands of miles so its not my first impossible site. Heck, I have even backed trailers into sites for other folks at the Fort)

When we camped at the Fort last March/April we arrived at 7:00 on check in day. We parked in lane 4 and walked into reception. The CM at reception told us we would get a text about our assigned site in the loop we requested as soon as one became available. We parked in the overflow and pulled our bikes out of the truck and rode down to the settlement to grab some breakfast at P&J's takeout and just hang out til we got the text. We eventually got our campsite text in the 700 loop which we wanted. Since we needed to ride back out to get the truck/RV we decided to ride through the 700 loop and check out our site. As we rode through we noticed many other sites that were being cleaned up and prepared for arriving guests and wrote down the site#s. We liked our assigned site but liked some of the other empty sites better. We were going to be there for 23 nights so we wanted to set up in a place we really liked for the time. When we got out to the Outpost we asked about the chance to be reassigned to another site that we liked better and since we were there early they made it happen. I'm not sure if we'll ever get that lucky again but when we go next year we are going to try checking in the same way.

** update **

We got a site in our requested loop. The CM at check in mentioned our request almost immediately!

Great service!
What time did you check in? We arrive tomorrow and would like to avoid norning traffic if it doesn't make a big difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter