loop question if you have young children

cbutterfield

Earning My Ears
We Will be camping in FW for 14 days in Aug. Requested 100 loop since I have two children 3 and 7. Close to Marina. Now I am wondering if I would be better off renting a golf cart and staying in a loop closer to the pool area. What do you think and what loop would you sugest. THANK YOU for any help. Wife wants to stay in hotel so I need to make this as easy as possible so this isnt our last Camping trip to FW.

Which type of campsite have you reserved?

Preferred has cable, water, electric & sewer. 100 is close to the marina and one of the main bus stops. 1400 is close to the meadow area, pool & bike barn. It really comes down to personal taste. Both have the stores & playgrounds close. We prefer the back loops, but we also get the golf cart. It really is a huge convenience, no matter what loop you are in. I would have a tendacy to request the 100 loop for transportation reasons alone.

Thank you Grumpy 92. We booked a preferred site. We are going to go the golf cart route so might change to 1400 loop.

You did not say what you will be camping in.
I hope it is at least a pop up with A/C. August is very hot humid and wet.

First let me say if you can afford a golf cart, get one. It really makes a big difference and you don't need to worry about what loop you get. As for loop location without a golf cart, it depends on what you want to do most often.

If you are going to be going to and from MK often, If you plan on eating at trails end for your main meals, want to see the fireworks and electric water parade, fish or boat in the lake, then you would be better off in the low 100's loops.

If you want to swim in the pool, go to the campfire program and night movie, rent canoes or other paddle craft for the canals, play tennis, shop at Meadows trading post or pick up your park purchases, then you best bet is 1400 loop.

You have young children, so I would recommend being close to the pools, campfire program and movie. (1400 loop)

I would, if at all possible, at least get a golf cart for when you will be staying at FW and not going to the parks. You can get a discounted rate for a week or more. It really makes a difference in how you can enjoy FW events. Makes it easy to bring a small cooler along for drinks and snacks when you are at the pool, movie, fireworks, or watching the water parade. There are places to park them everywhere. We enjoyed just driving them around the campground looking at all the camping rigs. They have tops and windshields so you can get out of the sun and rain and best of all you cut way down on your walking and waiting for busses.

I just wish they were not so expensive. I can remember when they were only $20 a day.
Wife wants to stay in hotel so I need to make this as easy as possible so this isnt our last Camping trip to FW.
I just reread your post.

Get the golf cart.

and if you don't have A/C, stay in a cabin or you will never see FW again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter