Loonie may go back to 1.28 speculation....

BOC is thinking about a interest rate hike in the next 2 weeks thats why the loonie is recovering.
If the BOC doesn't hike the rate, do you think we will see the loonie fall quickly?

Last edited:
If the BOC doesn't hike the rate, do you think we will see the loonie fall quickly?
Read one article yesterday that indicated it would fall some, but might actually rise even more in anticipation of the next announcement (quarterly I think?). But really, guessing about currency rates is a bit of a fool's game, about as easy as guessing the outcome of elections...

Probably in the short term, but it depends as much on what the bank says as what they actually do. That said, I'm also strongly of the opinion that currency prediction is a crapshoot. There are way too many variables, many of which are themselves unpredictable.

I bought $375 USD the other day, cost me $498 CAD :crazy2: not rising fast enough!!!

not right off the bat but yes it will after a month or so. We have had zero interest rate hikes for over a year, our unemployment is low and job reports are beating predictions so investors are hedging bets on a hike.

playing the conversion rate game is a crap shoot at best.The safest play is to open a US account at your local bank (RBC,BNS,BOM etc.) and put funds into that account weekly. That you you get a blend of exchange rates never high or low and over time.

This way you benefit over time Vs. rate.

Can you attach a prepaid visa to a magic band? just wondering if i exchanged canadian into us then bought a prepaid visa then i could attach to my magic band and not have to worry about carrying cash or having the rates jump up and down during our trip or if exchange rate changes before trip

I know you can use pre paid cards for merchandice and food etc. not sure about linking to magic bands, give them a call and post pls.

Can you attach a prepaid visa to a magic band? just wondering if i exchanged canadian into us then bought a prepaid visa then i could attach to my magic band and not have to worry about carrying cash or having the rates jump up and down during our trip or if exchange rate changes before trip

Yes you can...i have a US prepaid from CIBC.....i use it for everything when going to wdw including room charges

So the BOC hiked. And the dollar is now at 0.7856 / 1.273. Great news for US bound travellers and savers. Not so much for mortgage holders.
Yep, mortgage and/or floating loan rates just went up. So for many it will be a case of gain on one end and lose on another. It's still nice to know it won't be as bad as it was on our May trip when we go again this August.:)

playing the conversion rate game is a crap shoot at best.The safest play is to open a US account at your local bank (RBC,BNS,BOM etc.) and put funds into that account weekly. That you you get a blend of exchange rates never high or low and over time.

This way you benefit over time Vs. rate.
This is what I do. CIBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!