Looking way ahead....

VillainFavs

DIS Veteran
Having to skip our free dining trip for this year--first time in seven years! So I haven't been keeping up with pretty much anything because I don't want to torture myself. But already starting to look ahead to September 2020. Are there any early thoughts/predictions/indications what may be coming for that time period? I totally understand it's all speculation but just curious what the word out there might be. And I looked but didn't see a "Free Dining Watch" thread for next year yet. Is it just too early?

I'm in the same situation except I'm trying to squeeze in a time frame around Thanksgiving. Trying to figure out if I should just book that week and try tweak the dates later, if free dining comes out, or if I should take a guess on which week to choose now. The past two years varied on the dates around Thanksgiving, so difficult to guess.🤷‍♀️

Having to skip our free dining trip for this year--first time in seven years! So I haven't been keeping up with pretty much anything because I don't want to torture myself. But already starting to look ahead to September 2020. Are there any early thoughts/predictions/indications what may be coming for that time period? I totally understand it's all speculation but just curious what the word out there might be. And I looked but didn't see a "Free Dining Watch" thread for next year yet. Is it just too early?
We're in the same boat for Sept 2020. Based on historical data, it DOES look like they'll be free dining during that time. Here's what I found on another site:

7/5/19-9/30/19 Free Dining for general public
8/20/18-12/23/18 Free Dining for general public
8/21/17-12/23/17 Free Dining for general public
8/23/16-12/21/16 discounted package (“Free Dining”) for general public
8/28/15-12/21/15 discounted package (“Free Dining”) for general public

So, if the pattern continues - it looks like this Sept will fall somewhere in Free Dining land. (There were black-out dates, but those were usually around the Thanksgiving and Christmas time.) 2019's free dining for Sept was announced on January 2nd, so we've got a few more months to hang tight.

Anyone remember what the min stay for free dining? And does it usually require park hopper? I seem to remember that this year did require park hopper and was maybe 4 or more days? But was surprised to see park hopper as a requirement so not sure if that was just for this year due to Star Wars opening.

Anyone remember what the min stay for free dining? And does it usually require park hopper? I seem to remember that this year did require park hopper and was maybe 4 or more days? But was surprised to see park hopper as a requirement so not sure if that was just for this year due to Star Wars opening.
Free Dining requires a minimum 4 night stay now, and does require at least 4 day park hopper or park hopper plus tix. Park hoppers have been a requirement for a few years now.

Free Dining requires a minimum 4 night stay now, and does require at least 4 day park hopper or park hopper plus tix. Park hoppers have been a requirement for a few years now.
Thanks. Bummer as definitely no free dining for us. At least I know so won't get our hopes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter