Looking WAY ahead - NYE?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We're considering a New Year's Eve trip in 2019 or 2020, and I have three questions...

1) I'm assuming I would need to make reservations on day 1 of availability for booking, but we would not be able to arrive until 2-3 days after Christmas. Is it reasonable to expect to be able to get a site - or is a FW site on NYE the resort equivalent of trying to book a fastpass for FoP 3 days from now?

2) Do they control the beach area well enough for the NYE fireworks that you are able to enjoy them from there, or do crowds manage to overwhelm the beach?

3) We know the parks would be INSANE at this time, but this would be part of a run of 3 trips in a year (20+ days in total), so we would use FP and simply take our time. But, for FW in particular, are there things we ought to know (positive or negative) about being there at this time of year?

Thanks!

1) You can make reservations up to 499 days out. Your check out date has to fall into that 499 day time frame. You can't do this online you have to call to make the reservation.

As for #2, I have never stayed at the Fort that time of year, I will be there next year for New Years, I would believe that a lot of people would be in the parks to celebrate the New Year, making the beach not overly crowded. That's just my opinion.

Can't help out with #3 but I will be following along to see what others have to post.

We will be at FtW this NYE and have no plans to try the PARKS that day. Several years ago I read about another persons experience at EPCOT and want no part of what they went through. ie By mid afternoon World Showcase was full of over indulgent celebrators many offering inappropriate invitations to their teenage daughter. We will make this a DS and Fort day. I anticipate plenty of room at the beach but still plan to arrive early will post about it early next year

We were there for NYE last year. We did not go to the parks that day, but went to the pool at the Fort instead. They had a DJ and dance party on the beach. People began to set up their chairs really early in the day and "stake out" their area. We were able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach at about 7:00ish. Then, we went resort hopping to the monorail hotels. We stopped and had a snack and a drink at each of the hotels on the monorail loop. We had a great time seeing how each of the hotels planned to celebrate the holiday! We headed back to the Fort and were on the beach to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks at midnight. It was a GREAT way to spend the holiday and one of my favorite WDW memories with my family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter