Looking to shake things up a bit!

Art of Animation has daily How to Draw classes.

At the boardwalk you can rent bikes & surries.

As a pp mentioned, you can rent various types of water crafts at Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge.

And of course there are the two mini golf courses (as well as three golf course that have lessons for kids).

Reactions: ;-)
Sorcerer's of the MK is fun mostly because you keep collecting cards, but Pirate's Adventure has some pretty cool things that you activate (plus it teaches map reading). Things that you have walked by and never noticed. Plus after a few rounds, they gave us Fast Passes to the Pirate ride!

EPCOT has a fun Phineas and Ferb phone app. It also activates things that are otherwise inconspicuous. An example is activating an otherwise dormant volcano in Mexico.

I have never heard of Sorcerers of the MK before this post, but I bet my boys who like Pokémon, Yugioh, baseball cards etc might like it! I’ll have to try to check it out.

To the OP, I definitely think it’s fun to plan character meals or other things at the other resorts. We took boat to Fort Wilderness, did Hoop de doo and stayed for Campfire with chip & dale. You could eat at ohana and watch fireworks from the Polynesian beach...

We are also doing a mother/daughter trip and are planning on doing the pearl find in Epcot.
Always looking for fresh ideas too!

She (and you) can get a haircut inside MK. Pixie dust is optional if you don't like glitter. About $30 for a young boy, dunno if girls are different.

As for ";-)" the Island Tiki lady and the Bippity Boppity Boutique make over idea, I've heard that you can save money by taking boys to BBB for a prince makeover, and girls to the Pirates makeover place where they can become a princess

Fort Wilderness has horse back riding. My GD did this for her birthday and was very happy about it. I don't remember what my DD said it cost but she thought it was reasonable.

Hang out in Disney springs. Theres plenty of non-disney stuff to do there while still staying in the Disney bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter