Looking to shake things up a bit!

;-)

Island tiki
Staying at OKW with my 8 year old daughter August 11-20, just the 2 of us princess: Looking for suggestions on new experiences, and things to do besides your typical park days. I know there is a Halloween party on 8/16, trying to avoid it, lol. We’ve been very lucky in going once a year to WDW the past few years, so instead of hustling from park to park, I’m looking to keep it more chill and maybe try something new we’ve never tried before...any suggestions?

Have you done the sorcerer's of the magic kingdom and pirate adventure st mk? Both free things to do while in the park
Maybe rent as pontoon boat, pack a little picnic and sail around the seven seas lagoon and bay lake
The Void is a vr experience at disney springs that has a star wars and wreck it Ralph storyline

Reactions: ;-)
The trails at Fort Wilderness followed by the Chip & Dale's campfire sing along! Lots of fun!

Instead of "hustling" from park to park, you could just take a couple of days at each park and just really do it at a relaxing pace. World Showcase at Epcot has a lot of entertainment in each country, you could try a snack from each one, watch a show. There is so much to do in the parks. We also spend one day at Disney Springs shopping and dining. There are performances there too. There's miniature golf also. And a day at the pool. We usually go to the parks for 10 days only during the week, and spend the 3 weekends at Disney Springs, the pool, and miniature golf.

Instead of "hustling" from park to park, you could just take a couple of days at each park and just really do it at a relaxing pace. World Showcase at Epcot has a lot of entertainment in each country, you could try a snack from each one, watch a show. There is so much to do in the parks. We also spend one day at Disney Springs shopping and dining. There are performances there too. There's miniature golf also. And a day at the pool. We usually go to the parks for 10 days only during the week, and spend the 3 weekends at Disney Springs, the pool, and miniature golf.
We really don’t hustle, maybe that was the wrong word to use, but we absolutely take time for the pool, Disney springs, shows, shopping, and love my dining! Just looking for recommendations for things that are “different” :flower1:

I'm loving some of the ideas on this thread. Thanks for contributing them. Never heard of the pirates adventure, wilderness explorers or sorcerers of the magic kingdom before and thinking my little girl will love them all.

I thought I had read somewhere that the chip and dale camp fire was ending, anyone know if there is any truth to that? We leave 2/1/19 and it's going as of now, but when I plug our dates in it says no times available, didn't know if that was normal or that's it's gone by then.

I'm loving some of the ideas on this thread. Thanks for contributing them. Never heard of the pirates adventure, wilderness explorers or sorcerers of the magic kingdom before and thinking my little girl will love them all.

I thought I had read somewhere that the chip and dale camp fire was ending, anyone know if there is any truth to that? We leave 2/1/19 and it's going as of now, but when I plug our dates in it says no times available, didn't know if that was normal or that's it's gone by then.

As far as I know they aren't getting rid of it, but they may not publish the schedule in advance on the Disney website. Mickeys Backyard BBQ just closed at the end of 2018 but that was a totally different thing.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is so awesome! It was a must do for me when I went to WDW my first time. I bought a bunch of cards and after I finished I bought the pin. I had so much fun running around hunting for the locations. I missed the pirate one, unfortunately, I didn't do enough research before I left on that one. My fiance is excited now that he's going to get to experience SotMK when we go for our honeymoon. I definitely think you should look into that one.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is so awesome! It was a must do for me when I went to WDW my first time. I bought a bunch of cards and after I finished I bought the pin. I had so much fun running around hunting for the locations. I missed the pirate one, unfortunately, I didn't do enough research before I left on that one. My fiance is excited now that he's going to get to experience SotMK when we go for our honeymoon. I definitely think you should look into that one.
Yes my daughter missed out on it last time because we found out about it too late into the trip! So it’s a definite for this upcoming trip! Can you explain it a little more to me, I know it is free but what is the benefit of buying extra cards?

Yes my daughter missed out on it last time because we found out about it too late into the trip! So it’s a definite for this upcoming trip! Can you explain it a little more to me, I know it is free but what is the benefit of buying extra cards?

Just variety. If you play on the normal mode it doesn't matter, but if you play on the harder mode (which I've heard they don't allow on particularly busy days but I've only been to MK once) having the right kinds of cards and combinations are needed to defeat the villains. But just starting out with the 6 card pack they give you for checking in will be plenty to play through the whole game. And if you both register to play you'll both get card packs so you'll already start with double the options. The animations are different for each card. I don't remember them off the top of my head but if you have a card that's a rope trick you'll see that being used to beat the villain vs. a card that has a flower attack.
I bought lots of cards on ebay, ended up with nearly a full set plus extras, then when it came down to it I didn't want to risk damaging my big set so I only brought my extras down, then I played on easy mode so really I was just picking cards at random to see what the animations were.

We love SotMK! You can get a pack of cards for free every time you enter MK, so if you have parkhoppers it's not out of the question to stop in multiple days just to grab your cards :) We did that on our last trip.

If you've ever played a card based battle game (Pokemon, Magic, YuGiOh) then the benefit of buying cards will make sense. Different cards have different powers/strengths/spells so stronger cards "theoretically" give you a better advantage when battling tough bosses at the portals. But all cards are blind packs so you never really know what you're getting. I never saw the need to buy cards when we could build a deck just by visiting MK a few times.

The portals are positioned through the park, and you go on guided "missions" to defeat villains. Portals are unlocked by scanning the magic band of whoever you designate in your party to be the keyholder. You hold up cards to cast spells. The camera of the portal scans for the design on the outside of the cards to figure out what "spells" you are using and giving you an outcome. I'm not honestly sure if there's power calculations going on to determine success, I don't believe you can "fail" by using the "wrong" spell or a low powered card. But it's tons of fun :)

We love SotMK! You can get a pack of cards for free every time you enter MK, so if you have parkhoppers it's not out of the question to stop in multiple days just to grab your cards :) We did that on our last trip.

If you've ever played a card based battle game (Pokemon, Magic, YuGiOh) then the benefit of buying cards will make sense. Different cards have different powers/strengths/spells so stronger cards "theoretically" give you a better advantage when battling tough bosses at the portals. But all cards are blind packs so you never really know what you're getting. I never saw the need to buy cards when we could build a deck just by visiting MK a few times.

The portals are positioned through the park, and you go on guided "missions" to defeat villains. Portals are unlocked by scanning the magic band of whoever you designate in your party to be the keyholder. You hold up cards to cast spells. The camera of the portal scans for the design on the outside of the cards to figure out what "spells" you are using and giving you an outcome. I'm not honestly sure if there's power calculations going on to determine success, I don't believe you can "fail" by using the "wrong" spell or a low powered card. But it's tons of fun :)
That’s a great idea, we are planning 3 days in MK so I will definitely take advantage and collect cards each time we go in! Thank you!

Another thing I was thinking of is member night at splitsville. We are DVC members and every Wednesday night they have member bowling. I just don’t know if it’s worth it at almost $100 for the both of us for 1 1/2 hrs of bowling and food :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!