Looking to buy a new battery powered vacuum cleaner

dyna

DIS Veteran
Background I have lots of back pain esp while cleaning.

Only DH an I live in this house NO PETS.

There is NO carpet in house only tile and hardwood floors a few throw rugs in front of entry doors that are very low pile.

I need something light weight that will not require a lot of bending to use is EASY to empty an clean.

Not able to do much shopping.

Which 1 best for Me?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FGRZJ2...843b-9009a8246404&ie=UTF8&qid=1547477818&sr=2

Or

https://www.amazon.com/Deik-Cordles...07DFZBDP5/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Anyone have either of these or something similar tell me about them please.

Neither. Get a Shark. They have a cordless that costs about $100 (Navigator Freestyle) and a better one that is around $250, which is expensive, but it is an amazing vacuum (Shark Ion Flex).

I swear by my Dyson cordless rechargeable vacuum. I like it better than my regular full size Dyson. They are pricey, but you do get what you pay for. I got mine on QVC on Easy Pay, and it came with a ton of attachments that I actually use. I think the attachments may be a QVC special - https://www.qvc.com/Dyson-V8-Motorh...PA-Filtration.product.V36313.html?sc=PRODFEED

We do have pets, as well as carpet upstairs and a high pile area rug in the living room. Hardwoods and ceramic tile all on the rest of the first floor. It vacuums it all, with ease. It is super lightweight and the canister is at the top of the vacuum so its very easy to pop it open to dump it out. It hangs on the wall for charging. It had a max speed, but I find the normal speed to be sufficient. The charge holds a while but does go faster when using it on max. I love the attachments for easily vacuuming my car, and things like blinds, curtains, and ceiling fans where I have to hold the vacuum over my head - its light enough to do this without tiring my arm/shoulder. Bought it on a similar recommendation from my friend, and I agree with her recommendation!

Dyson V8 absolute. Comes with a fluffy head which is awesome on hard floors. I use it on the carpet as well and the suction is amazing. The new v10 absolute is similar with more power but costs a lot more.

Of your two choices, mine (a Dyson DC44 Animal) is closest to the first one, though I use it mostly as a hand-held vac rather than with the extension. The attachment on the left in this picture:

s-l1600.png

is probably the one I use the most - to clean my stairs, under the edges of my kitchen cabinets, and around edges that get really dusty in rooms with wood floors. (I have a full size bag vacuum for actual carpets.)

We bought the Dyson refurbished, so we paid a lot less than retail, it works great, it's lightweight, and it's easy to empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter