Looking for your best/favorite things to do with your kiddos in the Parks

rwalker1304

Are we there yet? Calgary, Alberta.
Hey DisDads,

Looking to mine your brains for your favorite things to do in the Parks with your kids. What do you always do? What do you remember having the most fun doing with them?

My DDs will be 7 and 10 when we go in September. As mostly sentient beings, they've been in 2014 to WDW and DL in 2016, but this will be the first trip where both of them can do most of the rides and attractions and will really get the most out of the trip.

Thanks in advance!

I guess it depends on if they are up for bigger rides and roller coasters, but I'll give you some ideas.
MK-7 Dwarfs Mine Train and Big Thunder Mountain. Last trip DD11 loved Monsters Inc Laugh Floor for some reason. If you have time and need a break, don't discount Tom Sawyer Island. One of my favourite afternoons was me and DD (when she was 7) spending about an hour hanging out there, exploring caves, doing the barrel bridge. We were all impressed with Happily Ever After and watched it twice.
AK-Pandora is very cool, Flights of Passage may be too intense for your DDs but consider getting a FP if you can. safari has been the highlight for my girls at that age.
DHS-Toy Story land! Slinky Dog Dash is a fantastic coaster for that age. Midway Mania is also great fun.
Epcot-Soarin' and princess meets around World Showcase are the biggest highlights for my girls.

One other idea, if your DDs like Princesses and character meets, is to try meeting all the princesses. It's a big time commitment, but my DDs love taking on that challenge every trip. (Not trying to advertise, but if you had time, check out my trip report link in my signature to see how we did that)

Those are great suggestions. DD10 loves rides and is talking a big game about roller coasters these days. She's tall too, so even in 2016 at DL she was tall enough for California Screamin' (as it was called then), and even rode it twice. DD7 is tall enough for almost everything and will enjoy most of the coasters I imagine (not tall enough for RnR, but will be able to ride EE if she decides to!). She generally likes coasters and thrill rides, but I recall EE being pretty intense.

What other non-ride things do Dads like to do with kiddos?

Here's a few of our favorite things:

1. Getting haircuts at Harmony Barber Shop in MK (We've been fortunate to have all 4 of our boys First Haircuts there. Our youngest son will get his done on June 6th!)

2. Trying new rides. Our rule is that you have to try each attraction once and if you don't like it, you don't have to do it again.

3. We take full advantage of Memory Maker. It's fun getting family shots anywhere and everywhere possible. Disney offers a lot of Magic Shots now as well, which is fun for the kids.

4. We always make sure to explore in AK. There's lots to do and see beyond the attractions, and doing the trails is a fun way to see some animals!

5. We find unique ways to get places. Most of the resorts we have stayed at in the past rely heavily on bus transportation. To give the kids a break from the parks, we will take the long way to get places just to try out alternate methods of transportation. For example on our last trip we were staying at All Star Music and going to MK. We took the bus from the resort to Epcot, the monorail from Epcot to TTC and then the boat across to MK. The kids had fun trying all the various transportation options and it was a surprisingly relaxing trip.

We will be down again in a couple weeks, so I'll try and think of other unique things to do!

My kids each have a few favorite rides that they must do and a couple of shows that they each like. Swimming is a big deal so we try to take advantage of that. Eating different foods in Epcot as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!