Looking for Ways to make extra cash

gilby

DIS Veteran
Looking for ways to make extra cash for my daughters wedding. I know people have said they use survey sites, what is your favorite survey sites? or any other way.
thank you

When I got married, I took a job as an ACT tutor for extra money. I did it in the evenings after my regular job and it paid $22 per hour. I was able to save a few extra thousand dollars. It was much more lucrative than online surveys. I would look for a flexible part-time gig that you can do. Other ideas are Uber or DoorDash, etc.

Honestly, I don't think any survey site is going to make you enough money for wedding expenses. If you have a skill you can sell for side work, that is a good option (writing resumes, driving Uber, etc) or literally selling your stuff. Getting a part-time job is probably your best option.

But to answers your question about survey sites, I've used Swagbucks, e-rewards and Rewards for Opinions. Another side hustle is secret shopping through Gigwalk or Field Agent.

Look around the house/garage/storage shed for items you don't use anymore that you could sell on Ebay. I was surprised at how many items I didn't have any use for and ended up selling on Ebay and made quite a bit of extra cash that was put to good use.

This may or may not help you, but maybe someone else reading this, I've officiated youth and adult sports on the side for close to 20 years and its great side money, you can pretty much make your own schedule, and be exercising a bit.

You need a bit of a tough skin b/c of the current way youth sports is and officials have an easy target on their back, but if you are good at it and confident, it can minimize the issues.

I officiate ice hockey and you really have to have some skills like skating and such, but other sports have a little less of a barrier to entry. If interested, reach out to your local school or youth organization in the sport you like and ask them who handles the officiating.

What about a part time job?

I agree, the hours are known and the pay is dependable if you are working at some established business/store. Local stores always seem to need help. Working for some online taxi company would be my last choice as it has all sorts of risks, you have to use your own vehicle (i.e. wear & tear), need business insurance and who knows what type of sketchy people might want a ride.

Do you currently work a full time job? You can put yourself on care.com for a date night sitter. You could make $20/hr cash....

Have you thought about giving plasma? The lab here pays you $350 for the first 5 donations. After that you get $20 for the first donation and $50 for the 2nd donation that week. You could earn $280/month and help save lives.
It take a about an hour each time. The lab here even offers free childcare

I know everything helps, i have been saving for disney doing swagbucks, i make an average of 25-50a week... i mostly do the offers and surveys once a day....... but most of my money i have made doing door dash 5-9 per delivery i do one or two a day today i did three in 45mins and made 21.00.
If you sign up using swagbucks your first delivey pays 150.00. In 4 months between the two i have made enough to pay for all my families park tickets.

Btw i take my kids with me to do doordash no babysitting

Last edited:
Do you currently work a full time job? You can put yourself on care.com for a date night sitter. You could make $20/hr cash....
I have been thinking about care.com - I am halfway through the sign up/application process. Do you know if I have to pay to be a member and pick up some jobs? Thanks.

I have been thinking about care.com - I am halfway through the sign up/application process. Do you know if I have to pay to be a member and pick up some jobs? Thanks.

I paid to be a member, a caregiver. It was about $60 for 6 months. It gives me unlimited messaging to apply to jobs, puts me higher in the searches, gives me background checks. I’m sure there’s a way to do it for free but it would be harder to get jobs.

Survey sites are getting to be a joke. I used to make maybe $200 a year and now I'm lucky to make $50 so if you need real money, you'd be better off with a part time or temp job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!