• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for some Grand Cayman Advice

JoeFixes

Earning My Ears
Can anyone make any suggestions for a worthwhile GC excursion that perhaps is not Disney Sponsored? This board speaks a lot of Captain Marvin's, but our family of 5 with DD9, DS7 & DD3 won't take much to swimming with stingrays.

We are simply looking for the best family fun for our dollar. If the Disney Excursion offers that then that is what we need to know.

Also, I would love to hear your opinions on what is the best beach GC has to offer.

This board is wonderful for first time cruisers! Everyone has been so incredibly helpful.

My wife now has bubbles, highlighters, air freshener & zip lock bags thanks to all the good tips found each night on this board.

Thanks to all!

If snorkeling isn't what you are looking for, you can take a cab to 7 mile island and spend the day at the beach. Ask the driver to let you off at the Holiday Inn. All the beaches in Grand Cayman are public, so you can walk on for free, there are bathroom facilities, showers to rinse off before heading back, and there are waiters taking drink orders on the beach. We had room service deliver PB&J sandwiches that morning, along with some fruit and Chocolate Chip Cookies. They also through in potato chips with the sandwiches. I packed this all up in my ziploc bags, and we had a free picnic lunch on the beach. We did buy a couple bottles of water and diet coke from the roaming waiters. The beach is beautiful and not too crowded. One man was snorkeling and came back with an amazing shell (the type you would buy in a gift shop).

PS Don't let your wife forget the over the door shoe bag. It was great to put all the toiletries in!

first of all......good luck and have a great time.

We did not schedule anything online or through DCL for GC. Thought we would walk around and do some shopping. When we got off the ship, the shops and sidewalks were packed...6 other cruise lines docked at GC.

Wanting to get away from the crowds...thought about getting a cab to tour the island. Luckly, I came across a cabbie that offered us a great 1 hour tour for 6 - total cost $50. The cabbie's name was Howard...he was wonderful.

what a great site....there's a link to their cruise ship site with specifics on disney magic.....THANKS!

You might want to check out Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions Guide . Loads of info on excursions and what to do in Port. You might look at the beach horse back riding as we did that when our youngest was three. He just rode with my husband, great time and beautiful ride:D You could also do the Atlantis Submarine trip which is great for kids and adults too.

Oh, I also just saw a trip called the Nina, never done this one but you sail on a replica of the Nina(Columbus's Ship) , looks like it would be good for any age. The Nina Replica Sailing Trip . If you do this I'd love to hear about it, looks really interesting:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter